Ramada Cedar Rapids
US$68
US$58
  • Pool
US$155
Comfort Inn & Suites(Cedar Rapids)
US$90
ComfortInn
US$84
La Quinta
US$120
BestWestern.com
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$59
TripAdvisor
Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$60
Rodeway Inn(Cedar Rapids)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding receptionbeyond the call of dutyfront deskfastest elevatorpriced rightolder hotelroom was cleanfree breakfastlow pricehot breakfastbreakfast staffbiscuits and gravywould stay againconvention centervery nice hotelwaffleskat
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently attended a conference at this hotel having booked rooms for my entire staff for the event. We were forced to wait until late afternoon to check in, even though most arrived early. I understand if rooms are not ready to move into if they are still being cleaned, but at least let us handle the paperwork for crying out loud! So 150 people were trying to check in all at once when they finally let the process begin. Then, one of my staff had to leave the event early for health reasons. Because they had been in the room for about 30 minutes beyond checkout, we were still forced to pay for the extra day. The manager has a complete bureaucratic mentality. Futhermore, the rooms really need to be updated. Though the conference rate price was reasonable, I would not book a room here ever again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
ClarionHotel1, General Manager at Ramada Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

We apologize for your frustration at check-in. If we had known ahead of time that everyone from the conference would be checking in on their lunch break, we would have been more prepared to streamline the check-in process for your group. (We have been known to check in an entire Big Ten football team in under 15 minutes!). We were also hampered by our property management system, which restricts check-in until rooms are cleaned. In checking our records from that day, I was happy to see that we checked in over 120 guests before the scheduled check-in time of 3pm. Your comments are appreciated and will help us improve our service. Thanks.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Van driver was crazy late picking us up from the airport and gave a different excuse that the one from the front desk. The tv in room 418 is not working either which is annoying (thank goodness for netflix!), but I am too tired to call downstairs to have them fix it after the attitude from the front desk girl gave when I needed a wake up call. All in all, older hotel, which means that the beds are hard and bedding is cheap and thin. But the room is clean and there are a ton of restaurants nearby which sometimes is all that matters.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have a great wedding planner. Our wedding isn't until April of 2012 and she is on top of everything!!!. She goes the extra mile to come in when she is off work to work with our schedule. She is very caring. Thank you samantha and we are looking forward to working with you for the next 7 months. Very nice facility as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank stephanie t
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We booked a room online, which we have done at hotels across the country with great success. When we opened the door to the room they gave us, it had a Murphy bed. (You know the kind that folds up into the wall.) I didn't think they still made those. It was tiny. When we went to the front desk, the woman told us that they give those "bad rooms" to people who get a good rate online. At least she was honest. She was very nice and helpful and the only reason this hotel got rated "poor" instead of "terrible."

Even if you do book through the hotel and pay more, the rooms are completely outdated, small, and dingy. (A family member was also staying at this hotel.) You can get a much nicer room at a much cheaper rate somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa F

We apologize for the confusion and disappointment that you experienced when booking through a third-party online booking site. Our Murphy Bed or wallbed rooms are preferred by many business travelers who can fold up the bed and use their guestroom for meetings. When booking online, it is the guest that books the room type, but unfortunately this detail about the wallbed was not clearly noted on some of the the third-party sites. We have taken steps to correct this deficiency, and whenever possible we would gladly move a guest to another room type if they are unhappy with the room type that they booked, which is what should have happened in this case. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and helping us improve our service for a better guest experience.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I recently visited the Clarion Hotel in Cedar Rapids, IA. In this case I am 67 years of age and was required to fly for the first time in my life and as a result my family was quite concerned that I arrive safely. When I finally arrived at the hotel (after 2 flights and delays) the Desk Manager greeted me with genuine concern and noted that she had received calls for me. Although I only stayed the one night I can assure you that I was quite taken with their general concern for me and arranged my travel, shuttle service etc. I felt compelled to publicly thank these folks for making me feel very comfortable and truly went above and beyond the call of duty.

My genuine heartfelt thanks