“No Excuses - Terrible Service”
Review of Coaches Corner

Coaches Corner
Ranked #28 of 79 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 31, 2016

I normally do not post negative reviews but I could not leave this go. We were a group of 6 people that stopped in to grab a bite to eat this last weekend. There were 2 booths occupied in this place when we arrived. We were left to stand at the Wait to Be Seated sign for 10 minutes. When we finally got seated, the waitress acted like we were severely annoying her by being there. There was never a smile, a welcome or any positive emotion on her face. Unfortunately, the other wait staff looked just as unhappy to be there and waiting on customers. It took at least 15 minutes to get our drinks when ordered and I am talking everyone ordered a beer so it simply needed to be opened at the bar 5 feet away, no tough stuff.
The only highlight of our visit is that the food, once we got to order, did arrive in a timely manner and was decent food.
I think the management needs to observe the service that they are providing and do a little positive attitude training!! Just a smile here and there goes a long way to cover some of the other shortcomings in service!

1  Thank OahuBound07

Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

My fiance a I went for dinner. We like to try places more than once before giving a review. Service here tends to be questionable from one visit to another. One time it is satisfactory service and the next time the service is slow and waitresses tend to be forgetful. If you are looking for a place to go so you get a one stop deal..this is ok. It is located next to the casino. You also have a choice on certain nights to choose between coaches and the buffet.

Reviewed March 21, 2016

Imagine a sports bar that seats 25 people at a huge rectangular bar and another 75 plus at bar top tables, with a dozen large TV’s that does not serve food “at the bar”, and you have the Coach’s Corner. I arrived on a Sunday evening for a week’s stay at the adjoining Cobblestone Hotel, thinking how nice it would be to watch some sports (NCAA Basketball Tournament), have dinner, and not sit at a table by myself at a restaurant, and was told “we no longer serve food at the bar. That is a decision made at the corporate level.”

I ate elsewhere every night for the next four nights (note LOST business … corporate people who made this decision) and returned for a beer (so as to not drive impaired). The last night there, I finished a beer and sat five minutes at the bar with an empty glass in front of me, while the bartender chatted up customers across the bar. A manager guy, bald with a drooping handlebar mustache in a green shirt and tie stopped in front of me, reached into the cooler for a cold glass and walked on without even looking up. A young guy with green hair and a green tee shirt walked by twice and went back to washing glasses, without a word. This happened after the 2nd beer as well and might be understandable if the bar was busy, but besides myself there were only three other people present at the bar. The second time, I started the iPhone stop watch while the bald manager sat at the bar six seats down, chatted with the bartender, and made comments about a coach’s haircut on the TV (Providence, RI coach). Never have I seen an employee sit at a bar.

Corporate needs to fire the idiot who decided a sports bar does not serve food at the bar, and do some work to build employee morale and work ethic, starting at the top.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

This is a large and open restaraunt where it is very easy to be comfortable in either the bar section or the restaraunt section.

We have visited multiple times and had good food and service each time.

Thus far our favorites have been the breaded tenderloin and ribeye sandwiches.

Reviewed January 3, 2016

FOOD: I had the Reuben sandwich and it was excellent. I don't prefer going to a casino, especially to eat, but this was a surprisingly quiet choice with good food and service. I gave it four stars because of having to go to the casino to dine here and I don't consider that the greatest atmosphere.