“Better than last time ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We were there a year ago when we were in the area. Steak came out perfect, baked potato Was good, salad Was fresh.

Glad we gave it a try again.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Whenever I travel and near home we often eat at Outback Steakhouse. I try to watch my calories so I usually get the same thing, a shrimp appetizer and a half-head of lettuce salad and usually return home satisfied--not this time!
The server in this restaurant really did not care at all about the satisfaction of his customers. I ordered my standard meal and asked him to bring honey butter with the bread. The bread and butter arrived but the butter was not honey butter, I asked the server again, he brought more butter, but not honey butter. Even worse, the bread was cold, I asked for hot bread, but it never came.
When the salad and shrimp arrived, it was even worse than the bread!
Shrimp is delicate and it can easily be overcooked, this was so overcooked it was BLACK! The salad was tough. The server never came back to check until he brought the check, when I complained he just shrugged and walked away.
When I returned to my hotel down the street and mentioned the restaurant at the desk they said "very few people go there because they do not recommend it," and none of the staff seems to care at all about the food quality or service--I will not go back again.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

This isn't how things should be. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Clive, IA". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed August 16, 2017

We went to this Outback Steakhouse for an early dinner. We were unaware that it was also open for lunch, but can't remember the hours only that it was open at 11 a.m., so not sure if it is continually open or not. We arrived at 4 and had only snacked for lunch, so we were hungry. We were immediately seated and ordered our drinks and a bloom'n onion for an appetizer. Since this was our first time at Outback in quite sometime, we were grateful that our server, Miranda, also suggested we also get the complimentary bread. It was absolutely d'lish, so ensure you do NOT miss that little gem. My spouse and I ate the whole loaf, which was easy to do. We really liked Outback Steakhouse because they offer various size steaks. We saw options for 6 ounce, 8 ounce, etc., They had a great selection of seafood and, of course, steaks. Will definitely come back when we are in the Des Moines Area.

1  Thank ELS20
Reviewed August 5, 2017

My wife and I ate here recently for our anniversary. We had the steak and lobster special. The steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare and the lobster meat was out of the shell and ready to dip in savory hot butter. As always, the hot bread was tasty. The server was attentive and met our every request.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

I stopped to eat at this Outback and was quickly seated. There were only a few people there at 3:30 pm. I ordered a Victoria filet and then waited with my drink.

A fly landed on my hand and I swatted it away. It came back...and brought a friend! I sat there waving away three different flies as I waited for my food to arrive.

When my steak was served the fly problem just grew worse. I asked if they could do something about all the flies. The server admitted there had been a fly problem for the last couple days and that it "came out of nowhere."

I tried to eat but the insects were persistent. I finally stood up and my server came over to ask if I wanted to move. She was helpful getting me relocated near the bar and the bug issue ceased.

The steak was a little thinner than usual but delicious. The server was attentive and courteous. But having to move mid-meal because of flies was a deal-breaker.

I paid and went to the restroom to clean up. The two urinals in the men's room were filthy and the floor below them, puddles. Yuck, I went to a stall and that too will need some attention.

Perhaps THAT explains the fly problem?!

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Hi Geoff,

We'd like to review this further. Please take a moment to email us at news@outback.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review – Clive, IA so we can follow up with you directly.

Leah