“Old timey supper club feeling”

Iowa River Power Co. Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is an upscale restaurant with very good service and menu such as salmon, steak, roast duck, etc. It's a great place for a special occasion, such as graduation, anniversary, Mother's Day.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Came here to celebrate my husband's birthday. First, beautiful scenery on the river. We ordered appitizers and had a manager personally come out and assure me that he would be checking over all of my food as I have celiac and noted this in my reservation. My husband got the crab puffs. They were a meal all by themselves (huge portion). I got the sauteed mushrooms (very good and garlicky). The dressing on the salad was phenomenal. They did ask if we wanted blue cheese crumbles and probably would have taken them, as the blue cheese dressing was very light. Everything went well until I received my lobster tail and it had stuffing in the shell. I was told that was they way they come in and that they would be unable to give me a lobster tail without stuffing.Waiter was new and super apologetic. They took the tail off of my bill and did offer complementary dessert. I appreciated the desert as it was my husband's birthday; but was irritated that they gave me false hope that my food would be looked over entirely before served to me. Also lobster is my favorite and it looked sooooo good. It is so hard having it placed in front of you and you find out that you can't eat it :( However, the creme brulee was out of this world.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Went for Sunday Brunch Buffet with high expectations....First arrived and ordered a drink at bar...Bartender didn't greet us or seem happy...Bloody Mary was too spicy for the Ladies in our group of 4 to finish....Looking around the place all I could notice is the dust covering the "Power Plant Decor". Being a nice restaurant, It should be clean.....They seated us after a short wait in neighboring bar. The bar was decorated well, just dirty....Carpets were old,smelled musty and were grimey...Air vents were dirty In womans bathroom door as we walked by to be seated....Food was OK...Bacon overcooked, Prime rib full of fat and ham too salty to eat. The salad bar and desserts were the highlight of visit....Our waiter was well attentive and kept up with us....So if you think of going to a high end place look closely at your surroundings....Its a dirty restaurant....Wont go again if suggested.....Clean it up folks!

1  Thank Chad W
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We can’t go through Coralville on the weekend without stopping at Iowa River Power Company Restaurant. We got there just before 10am and there was a line waiting. Once the doors opened they got us seated pretty quickly. They were short enough hostesses but had dining room help quickly step in and help seat people. If you want to avoid that mass entrance I would suggest making reservations no earlier than 10:30.

They keep the serving tables fully stocked regardless how quickly people come in as there are a good supply of dining room support people.

There were plenty of servers to offer us complementary mimosas which were yummy. They also kept the tables cleared of dirty dishes.

The highlights for me were the wonderful fresh fruit and vegetable table and the beautiful dessert table. They had plenty of breakfast items as well as dinner items. The ham and smoked salmon were both delicious.

There are multiple rooms where people are seated but all go into a single serving location. One would think it would t get congested but it really didn’t. Although some of the areas that have the best view of the water require a person to carry their food and go down steps there are people who can help.

We would give Iowa River Power Company Restaurant 10 out of 10 and can’t wait to go through Iowa again soon.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

It had been many many years since I had eaten here. We had a fabulous meal with great service!! Our waiter was fantastic!

Date of visit: April 2018