“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Nebraska
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We arrived after 1 a.m. but were quickly checked into our room. The hotel looked booked, but it was quiet, even in the morning although we checked out later than most of the other guests. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the rate very reasonable. We did not have breakfast here as we opted to eat at a nearby Perkins Restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Albany, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Driving west I got tired and decided to stop. I had a coupon from one of the motel coupon books. (It lowered the price by $18 plus tax).
Pros: Cost, bed was decent, there was a limited continental breakfast, location, pleasant evening desk clerk, room pretty clean
Cons: Flaking plaster around bathtub, one set of towels with none too big, luke-warm milk for cereal in cooling pitchers, small breakfast room with limited offerings, surly a.m. desk clerk, noise from other rooms and hallway

Room Tip: A room at the end away from the road will make things a bit quieter, but there are train tracks up t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable and everything worked like it should. The staff was very plesant and helpful. The continental breakfast was as good as at some pricier places I have stayed.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We were visiting the University of Iowa and not familiar with the area so I opted for this hotel due to reviews. I don't think I have ever stayed at a Super 8. It was the most basic of accommodations. No frills and really cheap. That said it was just fine if you need a place to sleep and that's all. The breakfast area was basic as well and very crowded so there weren't enough tables. I don't think I would stay at a Super 8 again. I like something a little nicer than this.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a best room at this place
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The room was really small and the furniture so dirty old and dusty! The room had a weird smell as well especially when u turn on the ac. When i went in to the bathroom i saw 2 small spiders there! The pillow and the blanket were dirty as well. Fortunately i brought my own pillow cases or i would not sleep for sure! My husband found it ok i guess men are just tougher as women! The walls were too thin, if ppl from the next rooms went to bathroom or used the shower you could definitely hear it! I think i fall asleep at 4 am because i was too exhausted.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

The economy being what it is we decided to go with a Super 8. To me that is like camping out but I was surprised. The LG flat screen and the San Francisco Soap Company products elevated the experience for me. I believe, for the price, it was worth it.

Room Tip: Try a room on upper level to avoid moldy smell.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

Contrary to what a couple of reviewers said, I found my room to be clean. No complaints at all! The woman at the front was so nice, she offered to help us carry our things to our room. (We are a family of five.) The only reason I wouldn't give this the full 5 stars is that there wasn't a luggage cart (hence the offer of help) nor a bathroom in the lobby, so we had to get our key back after checkout in order to use the bathroom. But other than those two relatively minor details, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Poetmama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
0.2 km away
3.8 km away
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
0.5 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville

Been to Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville? Share your experiences!