Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA
US$81
US$119
US$107
US$129
All reviewsbreakfast roomgreat shoppingcomfortable bedcomplimentary breakfastfresh cookieshot itemsstaff was friendlywould stay here againoatmealgas stationoff the highwaynice breakfastmeeting roomdesk clerknice staymini fridgechecking in
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I made a reservation to stay based on Trip Advisor’s favorable rating of this property. But due to family issues I needed to cancel 5 minutes after the cancellation deadline. Given the fact that I had just missed the cut-off time, it was the night before a home Hawkeye football game, my family situation which I explained and my assumption that I would receive good customer service, I thought this would be a simple phone call and cancellation. Even though it was Friday night and the property was apparently full, no one in the hotel was authorized to vary from their strict protocol charging for the room after the cancelation cut-off time. The best they offered was that they would try to rent the room. I was polite but insistent they contact someone capable of making a decision. After 3 phone calls and over an hour on the phone, I was told directly by the desk manager that they would cancel my reservation and I quote”we don’t want you to stay with us”. I asked her to repeat what I thought I heard, she confirmed. The best part of my story is that during the time I was on hold, their recording kept telling my about their good old country hospitality. This Country Inn has a long ways to go before they are offering country hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

After investigation of this matter. We found that this guest in fact not charged for the room. Also was not charged a cancellation charge. We did in fact go against our company policy and did not charge for this room, even after the room was canceled after our cancellation deadline. We are very surprised that we received this bad review about this matter, even after we went above and beyond our company policy. Our guests are, and continue to be our number one priority.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We like to stay at Country Inn & suites. After reading reviews we choose to stay.
This location just needs some help and tender loving care. The staff was nice, but the room.....well let's say that housekeeping needs to be doing a better job. Our tub faucet would not turn off . We could have filled two tubs of water! The long mirror has not seen any Windex with all the finger prints. The sheets, carpet, chipped bathcounter, and dated furniture are all saying "help me." Also when you see a wounded bloody wrapped dog walking around and in the breakfast room, this doesn't exactly make a meal appetizing. I would not want to be the next guest to stay in that room!
I went to work out and only one TV station works -and it was infomercials, and I had a difficult time getting the treadmills to work.
Possibly this is an older property, but please this is a poor reflection on the company and owner of this property.

Room Tip: Ask if animals have stayed previously in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently reviewing all of your concerns. We thank you for bringing these to our attention. These comments will help us improve our service for you and future guests to our hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Nice place to stay in the area. Clean, friendly (with cookies), nice bedding package, air conditioning worked and was not noisey.

Room Tip: Nice place and a good bargain in the area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always like to hear when they are doing a good job.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again, on future visits to the area.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Reasonably priced for the area. Rooms were larger, however the decor was dated. Clean facility. Breakfast selection was pretty good and included in rate. A little farther than most hotels from the university, but commute was negligible. Nearby shopping mall and restaurants. Convenient to I80.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place for all of our guests to stay.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will come stay with us again, on future visits to the area.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We come here because we have a child at the University of Iowa. We've stayed many times at many locations, and now this is our first go-to place. We were extremely disappointed with the Fairfield Inn after 2 stays. The Iowa House is so-so but always booked. The Marriott is lovely but too expensive for the short time we stay in the room when visiting.

The Country Inn is just right! We always encounter a friendly desk worker, the room is clean and comfortable, and the food is adequate for what we'd expect--saves us from having to go to a restaurant. The value is perfect, we like not having to have 2 night stay on football weekends, and the location is an easy drive over to campus. Parking is readily available, and shopping is very convenient for those campus move-in days.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank value_quality
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2011

We really appreciate your comments about our hotel. We are very happy that we could accommodate you on your many visits to the area. Our guests are our number one priority! We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay for all of our guests. Your comments will be passed on to our staff.

Our prime location near the University of Iowa Oakdale Campus, just off I-80/I-380, is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. Whatever your travel itinerary, the Country Inn & Suites is the perfect choice among hotels in Coralville, Iowa.

Thanks again for your time!!! We hope to see you again, on your next visit to the area!!!