“Delicious Pizza and Mushroom soup”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Coralville
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Mellow Mushroom has a very electric and fun vibe that is one of a kind. Full view of the skilled pizza bakers tossing the hand tossed pizza. This Iowa store's theme is Iowa Agricultural colliding with 1974 Aliens. Fun for ages 2-92. The BEST BEER Selection in Johnson County, Iowa. 48 on tap and more than 200 beers to chose from.
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Pizza is pricey but good. Seems like they are short staffed but every one is very friendly. If you like mushrooms, their mushroom soup is unbelievable. Tomato soup is also delicious.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

I have been to several Mellow Mushrooms around the country and this one is one of the highlights! Great eclectic environment with vibrant colors and great music! I am a vegetarian and it is always hard for me to find more than one thing on a menu. Not here!! There is so much to choose from for meat lovers, vegan, vegetarians and people on restricted diets. Had the Holy Shitake pizza! Highly recommend it!! Great beer and wine selection as well!!

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Eaten at MM since early days in Atlanta and they just stay the best. Tried the taco pizza - love this concept since Ci Ci’s and MM was just what I expected - even better! House special is great as is mighty meaty and the white pizza. Specialty pizza like the Thai and now the taco pizzas are nice changes of pace. Keep it going MM!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Having ate at mellow mushrooms in Charleston, SC (100 beer club member since ‘07), Columbia, SC, and Savannah, GA, I consider myself a fan of the restaurant chain, and I have a solid grasp of how the menu is supposed to be.

First off, this place is attached to the Coral Ridge Mall, this is significantly more family friendly, at the cost of much of the unique atmosphere that is a hallmark of this franchise. In short, it depends on what you are looking for in that moment.

The food quality and beer selection are top notch, and consistent with the franchise. I have included a photograph of the beer menu and the bruschetta for reference.

If you have never been, I will say that mellow mushrooms are known for their pizzas, which are very good but funky in flavor pairings. I like the hoagies, and their chicken parm is of particular note. The pretzels use the same dough as the crust and those are absolutely terrific!

I highly recommended this place for people interested in trying something new!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I've always enjoyed Mellow Mushroom, especially since they offer vegan cheese which is creamy and delicious. For this location, I really wanted to give them 5 stars but my wait time to be served was ridiculous, but I'll get to that.

This location is in between Target and the mall so pretty easy to find with ample parking. When I walked in there was some guy on a microphone saying something I at first didn't understand. Because it was a little chilly and it was loud inside I opted to sit out on the patio. As I walked through the bar area, I really the announcer was calling off Bingo balls. How exciting. I really like Bingo and should have sat inside, but again it was too loud for my sensitive ears.

I was seated outside and waited. Two more tables were seated and still waiting. A server waited on the table that was seated after I was seated before my server showed. She was extremely pleasant so I forgave her quickly.

Because I used my Yelp app I received a free plate of Pretzel bites. Because I am vegan I had to ask that they not coat the bites in cheese and butter; and, instead of the getting the beer-battered dip I opted for mustard. My advice for other vegans who opt to do as I did, DON'T! Pretzel bites sans butter and cheese, it just dough...even with mustard. Lot's and lots of mustard.

Now the grand finale, I created my own pizza with vegan cheese. It arrived fairly quickly and was oh so delicious. I ordered a small and should have gotten a medium to have the next day for breakfast or lunch.

All-in-all everything is great. I would just recommend that they work on ensuring customers sitting outside are not forgotten about.

Date of visit: May 2018