All reviews cantebury inn pool side mexican restaurant iowa city whirlpool tub living room waffles king suite parking lot staff was friendly great room checking in bed was very comfortable breakfast room road trip western knights
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dirty. Old and outdated. Stayed here one night to watch a Hawks football game. Wouldn’t stay here again. $200/night was a rip-off! Very noisy! Breakfast area was crowded. Carpet was so worn. This place is overdue for an extreme remodel!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aimee T
shakm8, Manager at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Coralville / Iowa City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

jegan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our 6th hotel on our trip and it seemed at first to very nice. I loved the fact that I could opt for a room connected to the pool room there is nothing I hate more than to have to walk through the lobby in front of everyone in a bathing suit or trying to put clothes on after your wet, so this was an amazing advantage. The floor of the pool area when wet it’s just a little slippery it’s horrible! There were signs saying slippery when wet but it was way worse than I was expecting almost fell a few times. The room looked really nice the beds were beautiful. The bathroom was tiny and the bed sat way to close to the door to make it into the bathroom if the beds had both been moved over by a foot you’d make an easier path. Then once in the bathroom you could barely close the door your so close to the toilet. And the ceiling of the bathroom so rusted out pretty badly. I did however love the look of the whole hotel kinda castle like on the outside and in the pool area like like an old fashioned street. Street construction made it a little complicated to get in and out of the parking lot so hopefully they will finish that up for you all quickly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

jay

Reviewed September 13, 2018

You are traveling with the kids, its hot in the midwest traffic is stupid... You pull in and plenty of space to unpack your gear in a safe location.. You come inside, and yes a pool , a wet bar, and a hot tub in the room.... internet is fast, room clean .... quiet stay ... hmmm breakfast YUM no problems there.. check out time.... what no hidden fees and friendly staff ... Ill be back ...

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2018

worst hotel ever. 6 different types of bugs. halls and stairs look like they have never been vacuumed. no air conditioning in the halls. the rooms are outdated and stink like old smoke. 50 year old carpet with burns and 50 year old couch. No signs to hand on the doors. the maid came at 9 am while we were there and then never came back so we had to go get more towels etc and the room never go cleaned. they screwed up my reservation with wrong name and I had emailed the manager prior but they never fixed so didn't have my reservation. major construction right now so don't plan on driving or sleeping in. its super cheap for a very good reason. we didn't eat their breakfast too worried about what the kitchen must look like. the bed sheets are old cotton with tiny cotton balls that feel like you are sleeping on sand paper. our room keys stopped working after the first night, probably forgot we were staying 2 nights. the hall ways smelled, some like mildew others like old crusty who knows what.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank R4462BQalan
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Also reeked like cigarettes. Horrible breakfast. Nasty. Never ever stay in this dirty crap hole. Even the area around it is nasty. Had our dog with us and he wanted to leave.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple