All reviews restaurant attached iowa city fitness center easy access breakfast staff fresh fruit front desk staff road trip free breakfast staff was friendly breakfast area convenient location would stay again nice stay beds were comfortable waffles inns
Reviewed June 23, 2018

I am a regular guest of Hampton Inn's when I travel. I will never come back to this one. It looks the same on the outside, but the construction is pathetic. I can hear the people in the room above me and the ones to the side, and I have never experienced that before at a Hampton Inn. And the heating/air conditioning unit does not work at all. I have tried to set the temperature to 72 and it will not cool off.

While the staff is friendly, this hotel has issues and should be avoided. Unless you like listening to your neighbors walk around and talk...........

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Shawn-C-Turner, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

davemR3115BN,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are doing a extensive renovation, catching up to new codes, and we are doing the best we can to minimize the noise, the dust, and the debris. We apologize to everyone that this opposes an issue to. We are almost done and it will be well worth the scratching and the clawing to get to the final product. It will look lovely. I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business when we finish the final pieces of this giant puzzle. It will look amazing. Thanks for your time.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Great hotel. Extremely helpful staff. Clean room with free internet. Room was quiet. Complimentary breakfast was good and had nice variety of items. Grabbed a snack for the road (complimentary also) which was a huge plus to get us through the day.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 7, 2018

The Hampton Inn was in midst of remodeling. Very little noise though so you wouldn’t notice it. New room style and furnishing very clean and pleasing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our overnight stay. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

I had booked and paid for 7 nights here in May attending my sons high school graduation. Arrived at what seemed to be a construction site but was assured it was only minor work. First floor was a total mess and even up on 4th things looked appalling once I climbed the stairs from 3rd since the emergency door blocked the elevator exit on 4th. The hole place stinks of new paint, there are protruding nails everywhere, most of the rooms had open doors and workers painting and building all over the place. We left after 30 minutes without being offered any chance to relocate or any explanation as to why they did not inform about this construction work at the time of reservation. I lost 830$ and has not heard a word from the reception supervisor or the general manager for a week. Hilton has so far offered their apologies and also a complementary stay worldwide, hopefully they are also reconsidering if this is a worthy representative of the Hilton brand....

My advice to you is to stay far away from this place, both Hampton Inn University and Garden Inn Iowa City is a much better choice if you want to stay true to the Hilton brand as I did.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Shawn-C-Turner, Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Staffan_SWE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are trying to get through this renovation as smooth as possible while still trying to accommodate all of our guests. With everyone being different we understand that renovations might impose a problem for some, and I truly apologize for the accommodations during your stay. One last thing, I will always stand behind Hiltons 100% and never make a guests pay for nights they never used and credited you back last week. Give me a call when you can. 319.351.6600. Thank you for your time. -Cheers

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in driving cross country & we were offered a discount for the 1st floor room so we took it. It was like entering the dungeon. The room temperature was set to 59*, the heating bulb in the bathroom was non-existent, the tv had a special button that needed pushed to work (the maintenance man came down to push it), the ice machine didn't work, the coffee pot was dirty and the wi-fi didn't work in the basement. Breakfast was mediocre. The staff was very friendly though!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple