All reviews restaurant attached iowa city fitness center easy access breakfast staff fresh fruit front desk staff road trip free breakfast staff was friendly breakfast area convenient location would stay again nice stay beds were comfortable waffles inns
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Very disappointed with the staff there. I let a brand new set (just days old!) of over the ear headphones and I know exactly where I left them in the room - under the pillow on the bed closest to the door. "No one found them" and they took my number to call me. No one has bothered to call either. I described them exactly and left my information the same day I checked out. I know I left them there, and I know they were on the bed under a pillow. Thanks housekeeping. Hope you enjoy your headphones!

Room tip: Don't leave anything behind. You'll never see it again!
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Hotel is going through a renovation process so there is construction stuff in the hallways. On the whole it didn’t look the best but the room was in nice shape. The staff was very helpful when I found a problem with the room.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

This hotel is currently being updated. Our room was updated nicely. Only thing is I could hear the people in the next room talking very clearly. Maybe they are loud talkers, but I could hear every word.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

I am a regular guest of Hampton Inn's when I travel. I will never come back to this one. It looks the same on the outside, but the construction is pathetic. I can hear the people in the room above me and the ones to the side, and I have never experienced that before at a Hampton Inn. And the heating/air conditioning unit does not work at all. I have tried to set the temperature to 72 and it will not cool off.

While the staff is friendly, this hotel has issues and should be avoided. Unless you like listening to your neighbors walk around and talk...........

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Shawn-C-Turner, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

davemR3115BN,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are doing a extensive renovation, catching up to new codes, and we are doing the best we can to minimize the noise, the dust, and the debris. We apologize to everyone that this opposes an issue to. We are almost done and it will be well worth the scratching and the clawing to get to the final product. It will look lovely. I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business when we finish the final pieces of this giant puzzle. It will look amazing. Thanks for your time.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Great hotel. Extremely helpful staff. Clean room with free internet. Room was quiet. Complimentary breakfast was good and had nice variety of items. Grabbed a snack for the road (complimentary also) which was a huge plus to get us through the day.