All reviews restaurant attached iowa city fitness center complimentary breakfast easy access fresh fruit breakfast staff front desk staff road trip staff was friendly breakfast area convenient location would stay again nice stay beds were comfortable waffles inns
Reviewed July 23, 2018

While this location appears to be nice, don't let them place you in a construction zone. The second floor was under renovation (see pictures) and the stench of chemicals was horrible. By 4:00 AM my eyes were burning, my throat was sore and I couldn't take it any more. My lungs were on fire The night clerk (some guy) could not have cared less about the issue, I had to sleep in the car. I like Hampton Inn, but this place was a disaster. I called the next day and spoke with the young lady who checked me in and told her I was calling them on their 100% guarantee. She said she would take care of it. I got the bill, but not the refund. Most miserable stay ever at a Hampton Inn. The should never put guests in a toxic environment like this was, but I guess if they can milk the rooms, they will.

Room tip: NEVER let them put you on a construction floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Shawn-C-Turner, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Horseflicks,

Thanks for the honest feedback. I assure you we did not do it on purpose. I believe we did refund you for your stay, and if we did not please reach out to us. We wouldn't make you pay if your time here didn't meet or surpass your expectations. We stand behind Hampton's 100% guarantee. Give it some time for the dust to settle and please give us another opportunity to earn your business. Going through an extensive renovation from the top-down and from the inside-out produces several challenges and we do our best to keep the impact away from the guest. However, when rooms are ready...the rooms are ready and we just have to keep on grooving. Again, I sincerely apologize and look forward in hopefully seeing you again. Take care.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

The property is sufficient, the rooms are nice, and the family enjoyed the pool, but the helpfulness ofnthe staff really makes the hotel.

We traveled with 5 people initially, and then 1 was there for surgery. The 4 staying at the hotel continued to have great experiences with the staff.

The only downside is that the biscuits are breakfast are meh.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2018

The Hampton Inn Coralville just outside of Iowa City, IA on Interstate 80 was recently remodeled - I could tell by looking at the window, but not by any other part of the room... a very nice accommodation. I ate at the Twelve01 grill attached and it was great along with the friendly server. The place was clean and fresh with good high quality food readily available. The morning buffet was as expected Hampton Inn style with organized fresh food. It was a pleasant evening away from home and a good start to the day.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The staff member who checked us was friendly and very funny. We felt welcomed from the moment we stepped through the doors to the moment we left. All the staff treated us with respect and as valued customers. The rooms were clean and bed, very comfortable. The rooms were quiet. With a 5:30 am to 11 p.m. workout/pool access schedule, no matter our activities during the day, we could take advantage of these amenities. Being an early riser, I appreciated the opening hour for the breakfast as well. The food was delicious and the menu varied. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn if you find yourself in or near Cedar Rapids.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2018

We were here for first year orientation at U of I. It’s about five miles to campus, convenient to restaurants. The only complaint is that one can easily hear other guests coming and going from the next room, as well as above me.

Date of stay: June 2018