“Fab Fab Dinner with Amazing Waitstaff & Eats! GO VICKY!”
Review of Bix Bistro

Bix Bistro
Ranked #11 of 323 Restaurants in Davenport
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The See-and-be-seen Scene at Bix Bistro and LoungeRelax in the contemporary setting of Bix Bistro, on the first floor of the hotel, offering great food prepared simply and freshly. Accompanied by a side of outstanding service and topped off with a varied beer, wine and spirits menu. Enjoy live music, appetizers and cocktails at Bix Lounge, a perfect retreat after a day of meetings or sightseeing.
Reviewed April 13, 2017

First of all, this hotel is beautiful and we got to sit in this round sofa like thingy to eat our dinner. Loved that.

We started with martinis cuz they had a $6 special. All were excellant but on our last round we had "La Fluer". WOWSA...Mandarin Vodka, elderflower liquer, fresh squeezed lemon and a splash of champagne...YUM YUM YUM!

Our waitress brought us out what she called an "amuse-bouche"...a mushroom appetizer. WOW YUM WOW

The night we were they had a Pre-Fix dinner. I ordered the Halibut. It was served with canniloni beans with asparagus. Filled with flavor.

My dining mates ordered the Filet and the Soba noodles with chicken. Also delightful entrees.

Vicky, our server, was on the ready with fresh drinks and lots of giggles and laughs!

Lovely experience!

Reviewed March 31, 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Blackhawk, did not enjoy our evening meal at the Bix Bistro. We had to wait unusually long after our order was placed. When the food finally arrived the entree was cold, not hot as it should have been. When we mentioned this to our waitress, she did not apologize, but indicated it was due to the plates being cold when the food was placed on them. Not a satisfactory response.
On the other hand, we did have breakfast there the next morning, our food was delivered quickly and hot. Our waitress, Natalie, was a pleasant server, kept our coffee cups filled with hot coffee.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Rebecca the bartender suggested the Beef Tips and the Davenport salad. They were both excellent and the service was fantastic.

Jacob H, General Manager at Bix Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Good afternoon Vacation-Advocates,

Thank you for your review of your most recent visit here at the Hotel Blackhawk! I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience, and I recommend you return soon as our menu does change and we always have new dishes for you to try!

At your service,

Jacob Horner

Reviewed February 21, 2017

I had dinner at this restaurant on a Friday when I stayed at the hotel. They had a fixed menu for Valentine's Day with minimal options not on the fixed menu. There were adequate servers but there seemed to be some confusion about who had my table. To make up for it they poured me an extra large glass of wine. The salad was fine. The price was about right. I will eat there again when I stay at the hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2017

Located in the historic Blackhawk Hotel, the Sunday brunch at the Bix Bistro is wonderful. Full array of hot meats and egg dishes. Bottomless Mimosa's and yummy pastries make for a great brunch Excellent service. Well worth a visit.

Been to Bix Bistro? Share your experiences!