“Lunch special with garlic bread = the best!”

Grinder & Spaghetti House
Ranked #135 of 326 Restaurants in Davenport
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I love going to get the lunch special - under $5 and the food will fill you up and is delicious, 1000 times better than fast food at the same cost. The interior decor leaves a lot to be desired and the customer service is always brisque so other than lunch, I always get it to go. Their garlic bread is the best thing they have so I always get an extra whole loaf because I eat at least 1/4th of a loaf just driving home! I also like their meat sauce and sometimes just buy that standalone so I can boil my own spaghetti at home instead of dealing with their buckets where the noodles are all on the top and the sauce on the bottom.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Spaghetti was OK, needed more sauce. Garlic bread tasted good, but clearly not Italian bread. Probably won't return.

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Take the time to drive to bettendorf. This location is terrible. What an embarrassment for me to feed my clients this and the owner says she will not fix anything or refund!

Reviewed August 17, 2016

One of my sisters had spoken well of Grinders so I thought I'd stop and give it a try . I decided on a sandwich and a drink and they had several to choose from . When I went to order my food , the woman at the window asked me what I wanted without looking at me and I gave her my order and she asked me if I wanted anything else and I answered that it was my first time eating there .She ignored that comment and asked me if I wanted anything else again and I said , no that is all. I ordered a Pastrami sandwich with Pepsi and was anticipating with hunger to eat . Wow , was I disappointed ! I took a bite and discovered that the sandwich had two paper thin pieces of sliced pastrami and a slice of cheese plus the bread was not anything special . You know , when in your mind you are picturing a good sandwich and you get something like this , well I'm sure many of you have had experiences like this as well . In all fairness , I will go back to another Grinders in the area but not this one and I will try something else on the menu .

Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

Delicious! Family feast is a great value . We love the sauce! Fast and good service. Coupons online are available!