“Always Fresh”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #118 of 616 Restaurants in Des Moines
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Des Moines is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Panera is always a good standard pit stop for a nice lunch that isn't FAST FOOD! We were in town for soccer, between games and wanted something that wouldn't just be a gut rot for our players. The salads and soups are a sure bet to fill you up and are always generous in their portion size. Not the first and certainly not the last Panera that we'll visit!

Reviewed January 17, 2017

Delicious breads and pastries to eat in or take out. Soups, salads, sandwiches. All in a pleasant downtown environment across the street from the Hotel Fort Des Moines.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Panera Bread is consistently good food. The pastries are always yummy, and the lunch food is always good as well. The salads are my favorite. I am not a big sandwich person, but I really like their sandwiches.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Today my sister and I went here to have brunch and meet about our blog we share together. When we came in an employee saw us and just looked then walked off without seeing if we needed and help. Finally Zach saw we were there and asked if my sister needed help. While she was being help I stood observing the breakfast pastries and finally another employee Sandy came and assisted me. Our food was prompt enough and the soufflé I chose was tasty. I like Panera Bread and would come again but I think they need to do better with customer service. Zach served us well and Sandy but the other employees should follow their examples.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I went to Panera at noon on a Wednesday it was busy (which is expected in the business district) After the friendly cashier took my order I went around the corner and saw there was a huge line of people waiting for the food. (reason is still unclear to me) The workers were very friendly and kept apologizing and stating that they were about twenty minutes behind. A lady who had ordered about ten minutes after me became very rude and pulling workers off the line to see where her food was. Then demanded to speak to a manager, have her food right away and a refund. All of the staff is still remaining very friendly to this lady and they give her exactly what she wants. Putting the rest of us patient customers even farther behind. The women then storms off without even a thank you. I want it to be noted that although this Panera was unusually behind they handled it very very well. I got my sandwich later then expected, but it tasted great!