“Disapointed”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I don't expect much from a low cost motel, but I do expect more from the Choice hotel chain. It is the low hotel of the chain. I would not stay here again. I have stayed at Econolodge before and it was good. There is a smell, more to hide the smell. Furnishing dreary. Now for my poor rating. The door connecting the rooms was so worn and thin, I could hear the conversation in the next room like they were standing next to me. She was taking a shower that felt so good she didn't want to get out. He just wanted to go out for a pizza. I called the desk and told them I wanted to be moved. Their walls were paper thin. He said it was their fault for talking loud. They were having a normal conversation. The wall was that thin. They came to the door to see what was happening. I told them I could hear their conservation. They didn't care. They were finally going out for pizza at midnight. After moving I took a sleeping pill and went to sleep. I'm sure I'm not the only one who complained about paper thin walls. I can and do put up with a lot. There is always noise in the hall plumbing is always noisy. Sometimes creaking upstairs, and muffled noise from a room, but this was wierd. Breakfast was waffles, cereal, muffins, but no eggs. The doors don't always close behind you, so you have to check that too. Better that you don't stay there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I apologize that your stay was anything but superior. We will utilize your review to help us strive for better in the future. Our breakfast does offer biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, English muffins, Danish, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese, along with juice and 24 hour coffee and tea. Again thank you for feedback.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I don't like staying in budget hotels but didn't have much choice because we wanted to be near the interstate and had a dog along. The hotel is worn and a bit depressing but the room was clean. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok though the coffee was bad.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I have stayed here a few times while traveling for work. The rooms are clean & quiet. The staff has always been friendly. There is plenty of parking & close to the highway & restaurants. Nothing fancy, but a solid place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We appreciate your business and hope you choose us again.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Passing through. Found this via the Choice Privileges Rewards program. Excellent price, great location, priced perfectly for a night stay.
Hotel staff was friendly at check-in , room was clean, smelled good and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again in this area next time through.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and positive feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and accommodations. We hope that when you are in the Des Moines Metro that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The room was very clean, newer bedding and carpet. The bathroom was clean. Breakfast was basic, but ample. Small refrigerator in room. Just the hallways seemed dark. Good value for price point of room.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017

After a long day of driving, we were happy to finally arrive at this hotel which I had booked online, primarily for the low rate. At the rate I booked, I didn't have high expectations, but we had a nice, clean room with a couch. The area between the desk & chair and the bed was quite narrow, making it difficult to move around while my husband worked at the desk. The bathroom sink is outside the bathroom area, which is convenient for getting ready while the other person is showering. The breakfast area was crowded and had minimal offerings, so we only had a muffin and beverages and decided to eat a full breakfast farther up the road.

Since our room was on the third floor, I appreciated that they had an elevator available. This was a good hotel for a one-night stay, but is lacking in comfort items and amenities for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and you taking the time to leave us feedback. We will use your feedback to help us make future improvements. Thank you for allowing us to be a service to you.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I thought it was simple but very nice. The front desk personnel were helpful. The location was great - close to places to eat and I could walk to them. I thought it was a bit high in cost for the amenities.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We appreciate your choosing us while in Des Moines.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Moines
12.9 km away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#32 of 48 in Des Moines

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Des Moines? Share your experiences!