“Very large rooms and nice beds”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Very friendly and nice staff. The rooms are very big and the beds are so comfortable and also good pillows. It has a bar in hotel which is nice not to have to leave for a drink. Pool is very good size and very clean.

Room Tip: It has a nice pool and sauna
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Baymont I, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write your review. We're glad you enjoyed our beds and pillows, we are proud to offer only top quality in both. The 921 Bar is a fairly recent addition and we're glad you were pleased. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Professional, pleasant and very helpful staff. Sauna, pool, fitness room and pub. Located close to mall, restaurants and gas stations with very easy access to and from the motel. Rooms are complete with everything one needs. Very comfy and cozy.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Baymont for your recent trip to Dubuque and taking the time to share your experience. We love to hear that our staff provided you with great service. We are very proud to boast one of the best hotel staffs in the area. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2016

OK.. first the good things. The WI-FI worked great. The Bar had Potosi beer. The beds were comfortable., Now the not so good... The first room we were given had an Electronic Lock that worked one out of twenty times and was being aired out from the previous occupants that smoked. The breakfast was minimal, and the general feel of the place seemed worn out. It could really use an upgrade.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay and also thank you for your comments. We're happy to hear you were pleased with our beds and Wi-Fi. Hopefully when you arrived you were immediately moved to a room that was more satisfactory than the initial one offered. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and take that commitment very seriously. Unfortunately we do have the occasional guest that violates our policy which prompts us to do a deep and thorough cleaning of the room, carpet and fixtures which can take some time. Maintenance, upgrades and renovations are constantly ongoing here at the Baymont. We hope you will give a try again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

You get what you pay for. We stayed at the Baymont to save a penny, bad idea. This hotel is a hot mess. It is dirty, understaffed and outdated. The pool is tiny and the breakfast was the bare minimum. It advertised a restaurant but it didn't exist. Location is far from the downtown area. Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2016

My husband and myself just spent a wonderful week-end at the Dubuque Baymont Inn. I had read many reviews on this property,and thought it might be, a nice place to spend my 64th birthday. We were NOT disappointed, from check in,to check out. We were greeted by Kim,who gave us a room that was very nice,but didn't have a mic/refrigerator,which I have requested. I called back to the front desk,and Kim quickly{though very busy with other quest},changed our room to another floor,with my previous request. When I went to exchange keys,I was greeted with a friendly smile and a apology from Kim,for the mix-up. I have been in the customer service business for over 40 yrs,and she treated me with the respect,I also have shared with others. We all know,that....to get customers to return,"that you give that customer,the best service,so they in return tell others,and this will build up your clientele". My husband and myself,felt so comfortable staying at the Baymont,that we felt that we 'were staying with family",LOL. Our room was so clean, comfortable and quiet,as we were put in a building,that was away from the pool. I am a very light sleeper,and the staff{manager{Sonny},and Kim....},saw that, I would be given a room,that would assure me to have a peace-full night. I was NOT disappointed. In the 3 days,that my husband and myself stayed with the Baymont "family",all the staff were so helpful and kind. The breakfast had a lot to choose from,which was kept up very nicely,by the breakfast hostess and her sister. We got several great discounts, on local restaurants and sites, to see in the area. I hated to leave,the Baymont,but every vacation must come to an end,LOL. I know,that the next time we are in the area,The Baymont Inn on McDonald Drive,in Dubuque, will be the place for us,once again. Thank You to all the staff,for a most enjoyable birthday/anniversary get-away.

Room Tip: If you want a nice quiet room,request building B....it is away from the pool and is very comfortable...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Well, Happy Birthday and Anniversary again from your friends here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We are honored that you chose us to be a part of your celebrations. And thank you so much for the kind comments about our team members. They are what truly make the difference. By all means don't wait all of the way until your next birthday to come and see us again. There is alway something unique and exciting to see and do in Dubuque throughout the year. Thank you for letting us be a part of your "family"

Reviewed 4 September 2016

PRO: The desk clerk at check-in and check-out was very friendly and helpful. Property was clean and quiet. Even though they were near capacity, we did not hear noise from hallway. Complementary hot breakfast items were limited on weekend but there were many other choices. Free Wi-fi, flat screen TV, reasonably priced. CON: No elevator and pool area was disappointing. Pool photo on website seems deceptive as the deepest area is only 4 feet, making it impossible to perform deep water aerobic exercise.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you choose not to carry luggage up stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to let us know how we did. Cleanliness and good service are two of our top priorities here at the Baymont and we're glad that you experienced both. We're sorry the pool did not meet your expectations. We do have a very nice work out room and sauna and offer discounts to local health clubs and the YMCA. We hope to see you again in the future!