All reviews dog track houlihan's restaurant attached casino greyhound track made to order breakfast fire pit nice hotel great place to stay front desk staff rooms are clean continental breakfast convenient location mississippi river would stay here again excellent stay short drive staff was friendly
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Wonderful hotel! Very clean and provided all we needed for an overnight stay. We were visiting Galena on a last minute trip. We paid half as much for a wonderful room in Dubuque than we would have in Galena. Worth the beautiful short drive!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Excellent to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon! Our hotel is conveniently located to Galena and other attractions, I will share your compliments with our staff and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond member and frequent all Hilton brand locations Nationwide. I can see when one hotel goes above and beyond and when one doesn't. This hotel needs better management oversight. I found a Boxelder bug in my bed. In the AM, one crawled on my leg in the bathroom. I talked to front desk and they said they just sprayed outside for this "known" pest. As a Diamond member, she should have given me a few points as this is not "my" problem. She just apologized.

Then at breakfast, it took 30 min because they only have one waitress. I had to get my own coffee, waited forever to check out, etc.. because she couldnt feesibly oversee a crowd that large.

Things happen, but I didn't get the feel that they tried to make things right under the circumstances. Other hotels strive to make their staff the reflection of the managemen's leadership. This is no more than a nights stay along the highway.

Trip type: Travelled on business
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate your concerns and will address with our team. We do every fall in the Midwest wage a battle with Boxelder bugs. We do treat the outside, inside, guest rooms in a serious attempt to keep them out however they do make their way in and we apologize for that. I also will circle back with my f&b team, we do staff for volume, perhaps we had a late rush that day, certainly 30 minutes start to finish for cook to order breakfast may be a tad long to wait, our goal in under 20 minutes. Thank you for being a Diamond member and we appreciate your loyalty.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

Rooms and the hotel are all updated and modern and connected to the casino (the Q) it is a short drive about 7 minutes to the other casino and that water park and convention center. You get a cleaner stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I will share your compliments with our staff, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Very nice. Room was very clean, beds comfortable, staff wonderful. Hotel is in a great location. Will definitely stay here again. Love the location rooms are clean and spacious. Staff are very helpful and friendly

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Excellent to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms! Next to Q Casino, we have plenty to offer, walking trails, near river, we have plenty to offer all! Thanks again!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

First off... The Hilton Garden Inn outdoor patio with round gas fireplace with comfy chairs and sofas was amazing! Three friends and I stayed at this property for a Girls Weekend. We sat by the patio fire for several hours enjoying drinks (brought our own), talking and relaxing. The property was well maintained and although next to a dog racing track, casino and right off the highway was really quiet. When I checked in I discovered our room was not vacuumed and counters needed washing off. I called the front desk and someone promptly came up to vacuum and wipe down the surfaces, and checked the adjoining room before my other guests arrived. The room was nice and the bed was comfy. Our room had a view of the dog track, which was interesting to watch from our room window since I've not been to an animal racing track before. The hotel offers a pay-for breakfast but we ate off site. A restaurant/bar is next door, and the dog track and casino are a short walk to the other side of the parking lot. After check out, noticed a discrepancy in our billing (extra tax charged). In calling the hotel the issue was quickly resolved and the staff person was very friendly. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

The outdoor patio with fire pit is a great meeting place for friends that is for sure! We are glad you enjoyed and hope to see you again soon!