“Best meal of the year !”
Review of Los Aztecas

Los Aztecas
Ranked #27 of 230 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This location is a good as any "Mexican food" restaurant in Mexico. From the greeting at the door through paying the bill I was treated as family or even regular customer. Then the chips/salsa, entree, refills of horchata --all was terrific. So o o much excellent food, chili Verde. The waiter was near and unobtrusive. I will be a regular !!

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel clerk, who said it was his favorite. We were not disappointed. Beware of ordering margarita! My spouse ordered the large size and it was gigantic. My medium size was more than I could drink for the whole meal. The fish tacos were well filled with fish and excellent. Spouse had beef burrito, which he was quite happy with. Staff was appropriately attentive and we did not have a long wait for anything.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'm glad we were staying in the Super 8 next door so we only had to walk back after eating and drinking here. It was so good, we returned again 2 nights later. Having spent a humid day sightseeing I needed refreshment. I was able to enjoy the largest margarita I've seen in a long time! Their banana margarita was excellent! The food is very good and as I indicated in the title, enormous! I had a chicken burrito on my first visit, then Aztecas Fajita's, the second time. This was steak, chicken, shrimp and chorizo. When it arrived i was alarmed and told them I only wanted fajitas for one. This is for one, I was told. Lots of food, great atmosphere, huge drinks and great service. I love my Mexican food in Colorado and never for one minute thought I'd get anything as good as we did in Iowa. Thankfully I was very wrong.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great food, strong drinks and two good locations in Dubuque. Drinks specials and a huge menu. Love it!

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great meal every time I eat here! Very reasonable and filling meals. Many people love their margaritas!

Date of visit: April 2014

Been to Los Aztecas? Share your experiences!