See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 24, 2018

easily accessible
staff cordial and polite
safe

The cons:
no coffee pot or coffee in hospitality room
no hair dryer
no shampoo
no blanket
mold/crud around air conditioner

Room Tip: Basic at best but cheap, quiet and the bed was comfortable. OK for a single night's stay.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I have been on the road for ten days. This was the best budget hotel I stayed in. The staff were efficient and kind. The room was clean. It had both a refrigerator and a microwave. It had WiFi. It had a comfortable chair. It ha a cold breakfast but more importantly hot coffee. I am sitting in a budget hotel at the airport to return home. It is twice the cost.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2018

It's a basic room with basic services. I prefer exterior door motels and this one had nice chairs and a table outside our door. Right on Highway 20 and a short drive into Galena. Highly recommend! Has a fire pit in back, but too cold for us that night - great family motel!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews. Wanted clean, comfy, safe, locally owned and operated. What I got far exceeded my expectations! Cheap worked for my budget for 4 nights. Subway shop, McD's, grocery, and a great restaurant/tavern downtown that served home cooked lunch buffet! The local historical society over the police station and museum across from it, kept me occupied! My bed was comfy, room clean. Owner Rocky was having some work done on an empty room and said mine was next! No probs with wifi tv microwave or refrigerator! Had the weather been hot, the AC would have been a deal breaker! It was to be replaced, so make sure it works!
Breakfast was continental. Coffee was good. I'd stay again on my next trip without hesitation!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2016

We came to Dyersville for a once in a lifetime family reunion from ancestors from th 1860's. We stayed at the Colonial Inn and overall, were happy. We stayed in an upstairs corner room that was quiet, extra large, and somewhat updated. We had a flat screen t.v., updated bathroom, windows off to the side, frig, microwave, and good desk for setting up a labtop. The wifi worked great the whole time we were there except around 1 in the morning (couldn't stop researching family history on line) so really was no big deal, time to go to bed. The beds were comfortable and everything seemed clean. Thought the bathroom had been recently updated. Had carpet, and while clean, I always prefer tile. Owners were friendly. We had no issues and complaints, and should we return to Dyersville, will be happy to support an independent, small business owner.

Room Tip: room 353, extra large. Was able to see another family members room, and I liked ours better.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family