All reviews no elevator special thanks pool and hot tub beautiful property nice pool king suite first floor yogurt would stay here again motif lobby fireplace microwave campus pillows
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very clean which is nice. Everything worked as it should. I would stay here again. The only knock is the breakfast food wasn't good but most hotels that have breakfast are included are not. I would recommend.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Clarissa V, Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Fayette, IA, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

John C, thank you for the rating and feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights while attending family functions. Loved the woodsy lodge motif. Nice breakfast area, didn't have time to swim, but looked like nice pool, hot tub, pool and foosball tables. Nice bar and gift shop. Comfortable room, nice shower, fridge and microwave. Great staff! Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clarissa V, Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Fayette, IA, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thank you for all the feedback! I am glad you had a great stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, a Northwoods type theme. Two floors, no elevator. We had a king suite with spa tub and fireplace...very cozy on a cool fall night. All for a very reasonable price! Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Our suite had a split bathroom with a sink on both sides. Breakfast was not our favorite...no eggs today. But overall a nice, quiet place, will come again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Clarissa V, Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Fayette, IA, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Thank you, so very much for the five star rating! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We spent one night in this hotel on the way to Decorah, IA. Stayed in a two queen room and it was perfectly fine. Nice selection of channels to watch on the tv and I did like the fact that the room had a microwave. The breakfast was fine but the area where the food is set up is very small and crowded with people in the morning.

Date of stay: August 2017
Management response:Responded September 9, 2017

Thank you for the feedback and the rating of 4 out of 5. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

My son and I were visiting UIU for a campus tour and football recruiting camp. We've never stayed at a borders before and we were very pleased with our stay. The staff was friendly and super helpful. My son forgot his registration form for the camp. We tried to use the lobby computer but had difficulty accessing the site needed. The woman behind the counter allowed my son to use the front desk computer to print the form. We had no idea where the campus was and the woman had us on track in minutes, all while checking in guests from a class reunion. I dubbed her the problem solver. The room was on the small side but adequate, well furnished, and impeccably clean. The pool was clean and towels plentiful considering the hotel was booked to capacity, I was impressed. The bijou lounge was a welcome stop after the tour and camp. Beverage prices were awesome. The bartender/desk attendant was super friendly and attentive. Three younger customers had obviously been imbibing heartily else where and were challenging but the young woman dealt with them respectfully and in a tactful and friendly manner. The breakfast was well stocked (again, impressive due to capacity crowd). The stay was peaceful and I will definitely seek borders when seeking lodging in the future. Special thanks to the problem solver and nice job fixing the ice machine!

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank John R
Management response:Responded August 1, 2017

John,
Thank you for the feedback. It sounds like you had a great stay with us! We all try to do as much as we can to make your stay that much better. I hope the tour and camp went well for your son and we look forward to see you both again soon. If you are looking for more information about other Boarders or Cobblestone Hotels I would be glad to answer some questions as well.

P.S.
The ice machine still works!

Thanks again,
Clarissa (aka problem solver)