AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes
US$80
TownePlace Suites
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$92
US$89
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$110
US$101
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$95
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$120
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$78
US$76
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$89
US$128
US$85
US$75
EconoLodge
Sleep Inn(Urbandale)
US$90
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

All reviewsclean roomsexceptional hoteldefinately stay againdes moinesthe breakfast areaa great place to stayamerican innpublic areasfire alarmfamily reunionpool area isvery nice hotelroom was largenothing fancynext morningwe've stayedgreat room
Reviewed April 30, 2015

The staff was most helpful during the reservation process and all the changes that were made to accommodate my family. Rooms were fine, breakfast was good, but most impressive was the staff at ll levels. The inn was booked for the entire weekend with weddings and ball tournaments, but everything ran smoothly. Only negative comment would be the lighting in the sink area was inadequate.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine A
AmericInn-Grimes-GM, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2015

Dear Elaine A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor review on the AmericInn Hotel & Suites of Grimes, IA. We truly appreciate your kind remarks and your comments will be shared with the staff. In addition to your kind remarks, you mentioned that the lighting was not adequate in the sink area. I will be sure to let the owners know of the issue so that we can work to provide a sink area that can better accomodate our guests. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact me at the hotel. Thank you again for your review and your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you to the end of your day, once again, on your next stay at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Grimes, IA.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

The friendliness of the staff at this hotel is literally the best I have every had. They were warm & welcoming & accommodating all of our needs. The only issue was the rooms smelled a little & there were cigarette burns in our 'non-smoking' room bed spreads! :) But other than that cosmetic issue, we had a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jnf2015

Dear jnf2015,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn of Grimes. My top priority is creating an environment in which guests can relax and enjoy their stay. I am truly sorry that you had to experience a room that didn't smell fresh and cigarette burns on the bed scarf. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences.

In addition to investigating your concerns, I am taking the appropriate stops to
ensure that the challenges you experienced do not happen again. The staff will also be made aware of your comments and will be very involved in the corrective action taken to prevent future issues; this is certainly a training opportunity for my staff.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience in which you experienced. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit to Grimes. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Reviewed November 11, 2014

I had a lovely stay at the AmericInn. I look forward to visiting next year . Some hotel members come into your room without your okay. If you don't answer the door , then come in. At AmericInn, they respect you and don't come in unless you say it is okay. Me and my boyfriend had the most awesome time . Thankyou AmericInn!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marisolmsd

Dear marisolmsd,

Thank you for your kind TripAdvisor review of the AmericInn Hotel & Suites of Grimes, IA. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is very easy to receive exceptional service and keep it to yourself. However, you took the time to share your positive experience with our office and we truly appreciate your feedback. Your comments on our performance were very generous and will be passed on to the appropriate staff members. It’s always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

We hope that during your next visit to central Iowa you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed November 4, 2014

You better leave your room by 9am or your room won't get serviced. No elevator to 2nd floor, so if you have mobility issues, like my wife, tough luck. Better pray you can get a 1st floor room or you'll have to deal with the 15 steps to 2nd floor.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AZGolfMan
AmericInn-Grimes-GM, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Dear AZGOLFMAN,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey on your recent stay at the Grimes AmericInn. As per our telephone conversation, I have visited with housekeeping staff to ensure they double check to see if rooms have a do not disturb sign on the door before leaving for the day. As yours did, then it is my front desk's duty to ensure you get the service you need, by either providing towels, shampoo, etc., or calling in a housekeeper to come make up your room. I know that this will not make up for the inconveniences that you encountered while staying here, but it will let you know that I take these comments very seriously at the Grimes AmericInn Lodge and Suites.

Again, I would like to thank you for your time, in helping us to become a better hotel. I hope that you will choose to give us another try and that I will have the chance to meet you the next time your travels bring you to the Grimes area.

Reviewed October 8, 2014

Recently stayed a night at this hotel. It was a non-smoking room by signage. However, it was obviously smoked in based on the smell. The smoke detector was disconnect from the wall, which is tells me without a doubt someone had been smoking in the room. The carpet had not been vacuumed as proven by the dried out french fry crumbs from the McDonalds down the street still on the floor. Did tell management before I left. She seemed responsive and thanked me for my comments.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ange J,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites of Grimes, IA. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our
guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your
expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your
stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide
unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

Since your visit, I have investigated your concerns and have taken the appropriate stops to
ensure that the challenges you experienced do not happen again. The staff has also be made
aware of your comments and will be very involved in the corrective actions taken to prevent
future issues; this is certainly a training opportunity for our housekeeping team.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences in which you experienced. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to meet or exceed your expectations on your next visit to Grimes/Des Moines, IA. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, "Welcome to the end of the day”.

Regards,