US$218
Hotel Renovo(Urbandale)
US$169
US$158
Hotels.com
All reviewsclean roomsexceptional hoteldefinately stay againdes moinesthe breakfast areaa great place to stayamerican innpublic areasfire alarmpool area isfamily reunionvery nice hotelnothing fancyroom was largewe've stayednext morninggreat room
Reviewed March 15, 2016 via mobile

Hotel was a great place to stay, very accessible off highway. Room was great. The morning desk staff/breakfast crew was nonexistent . At 6:30 am, no regular coffee, last of the creamer, knives, and plates. Floor was very sticky. No one at the desk, had to ring for assistance.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
AmericInn-Grimes-GM, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

Dear Pat H.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. Feedback from our guest is crucial to our success. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during breakfast. I will pass your comments on to the breakfast and front desk staff so this can be immediately corrected.

I hope we get the pleasure of serving you again if your travels bring you back this way so we can make it up to you. Again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

The manager was nonexistent. Staff was not trained properly on how to charge credit cards. Was charged incorrectly multiple times. Then three months after my stay they charged my card again. What a nightmare!!! Would never recommend staying at this hotel or trusting them with your credit card information

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Stayed here after being away for many years due to job relocation. Booked a room with my wife as we were meeting family members here for Iowa State wrestling tournament. We use to stay here with our team several years ago, and was still very impressed with the staff, amenities and the continental breakfast! Will certainly book here again in the future!

Room Tip: Not many rooms available as it only has two floors, but that's why we like it!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
AmericInn-Grimes-GM, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our guests comments are very important to us and we strive to exceed their expectations. It is very nice to hear we met that goal. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities and breakfast.

We look forward to your next visit to the Des Moines area and hope you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed February 1, 2016

Love this hotel and will be back with my team. The hotel does an great job in all areas. I travel SO much and I wanted to share my repeated positive experience I had at this hotel. It's clean, great breakfast, pool area is great. But the people who work their make the difference! Interested in our team and willing to help in all areas. Just great customer service which is lacking at many other hotels. A team or family will enjoy their stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
AmericInn-Grimes-GM, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate the kind words regarding the staff and accomodations. I will share your review with the staff, they work very hard to meet the expectations of every guest and it is wonderful when we succeed!

I look forward to seeing you and your team the next time you are in town.

Reviewed December 30, 2015

Hotel was very clean and gives you a warm feeling on arrival. Staff was very friendly. Stayed in the hot tub suite and everything was great except for the handles for hot and cold were switched but that is very minor compared to the experience I had. Well worth the money and would recommend anyone here.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
AmericInn-Grimes-GM, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Grimes, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Thank you for your recent stay at the AmericInn Lodge and Suites and for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you found our hotel clean and that it gave you a warm feeling when you arrived. We constantly strive to improve the guests experience and are please when it shows. We look forward to your next stay.