“Would never stay there again, ever!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Grinnell
Hannibal, Missouri
“Would never stay there again, ever!”
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We were visiting family and just needed a place to sleep and get ready in the mornings. There was a complete lack of housekeeping. Upon returning the first night, the only thing done was bed making, and towels. Nothing was cleaned, emptyed, or replenished for the following day. The night staff couldn't care less, very rude. The second day was worse, dirty coffee pot, etc. The manager was so rude, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He asked me if it would hurt me to pick up my own trash, etc. We aren't that picky, but come on. The experience left me soured on Days Inn, period!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Jay P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for providing your comments. When a guest display "DO NOT DISTURB" sign, we do not bother the guest and that is what happened during this particular stay.

We take great pride in Guest Service and Customer Satisfaction. Although it is our goals to meet the needs and expectations of each and every guest we serve, we realize that a few of our guests may not be completely vowed.

As our guest, you can expect warm hospitality and clean comfortable rooms, where everything works to make your stay trouble-free and enjoyable

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

JP...General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 31 October 2010

My friends and I stayed over the weekend to catch a Hawkeye game and visit some old friends. Friendly staff, great hot breakfast, and reasonable price convinced us to stay another night. Several good places to eat also other than the usual chains. Looking forward to visiting again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Grinnelldays, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 November 2010
Go Hawks! Glad that you enjoyed your stay. This is a good location for any of the Iowa games, just an hour west of Iowa City, gets you away from all the crouds there. Grinnell does have a great choice of good restaurants. Hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We checked in around 1am, were greater by friendly staff. The room was clean, free breakfast was fine. For $55/night it was perfect for passing through.

• Stayed October 2010
Grinnelldays, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Grinnell Days Inn. and thank you for your kind comments. We strive to do our best to make your stay enjoyable. Hope you come again soon and see all the new improvements we are making in the next few weeks. All new bedding including duvets and bed skirts, new pictures, and some additional lighting, just to name a few Our friendly staff will be glad to welcome you!
collins
Reviewed 15 September 2010

First and foremost the general manager is very and when I say very rude I mean VERY rude! BUt the worst part of it all is that is was so unclean I wanted my husband and children to sleep in our care because there was not other hotel available and now I understand why. I walked in our room it wasn't vacuumed the shower curtain was severely torn so water went everywhere when one of had to take a shower. But the most disgusting thing we encountered was when I pulled back out bed sheets on both the pull out couch and bed there were dead bugs in it. I wanted to vomit and I definatley did not want my children staying in that kind of environment but had not other choice:) GROSS GROSS GROSS! The bugs were everywhere you went. In all our light fixtures in the room and in the light fixtures in the hallway. And all he would do was argue with us and say was well then you should have got up Saturday morning and left if you didn't like it. And at least there were not alive was his other comment. I will NEVER stay there again EVER!!!!!! And we do a lot of traveling for our children's sports activities. So I recommend that you really reconsider your stay there if are going to Grinnell Iowa for anything at all. It was filth!!!!!!!!!!!! They even in another room had the very same complaints but they also had dirty towels in their room that someone else left there from their stay. Now how gross is that? Shelley Jurgens 515-291-3744 Call me with me questions anytime! I will beglad to fill you in.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sjurgens
West Branch, Iowa
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This hotel delivers horrible customer service. The desk clerk and the manager are rude and potentially scam artists. I booked a room in June and called and cancelled the reservation 3 days before my stay. The desk clerk did not offer me a cancellation number and charged my credit card for the room. When I noticed the charge and called the hotel to have the error corrected, the manager was extremely rude to me and refused to correct the error.

I contacted Days Inn customer service. They were not able to correct the error and directed me back to the horrible management at the hotel.

I will never stay in another Days Inn property and would NEVER recommend the property to others.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank DaysInnisLousy
Missouri
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Undergoing construction, but that was not really a problem.
However, the room needed a deep cleaning. The bedspread had large stains on it, as did one of the bathroom walls.

The outside security doors were propped open with a brick from the construction site.

Not handicapped accessible. There was no elevator to our 2nd floor room.

A new mini refridgerator and microwave had been put in the room. They were all plugged into a single outlet, along with a lamp, tv and a coffee maker. A real fire hazard.

Not a place we'll stay again.

• Liked — Decent Breakfast Bar
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Paso, IL
Reviewed 8 September 2008

The hotel website had by far the best prices even when compared to Travelocity, etc. We booked a King but due to renovations (not mentioned on Days Inn website, by the way) we were upgraded to a larger room at no additional cost. The carpeting, furniture looked clean, however there were several rust stains on the bedding which I attributed to the local water. The hotel was quiet and away from the interstate. Did not use the pool but it looked well maintained. Breakfast was comprehensive, however I was a little cautious as the eggs and sausage were kept out at room temperature without anything to keep them hot or cold (they were on a tray and nothing more). Sausage gravy was tepid--crock pot could have been upped a little. Other than that I give this place an above average rating.

• Liked — Size of room
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grinnell
0.4 km away
22.9 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
27.5 km away
BEST WESTERN Holiday Manor Newton Iowa

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!