“Wonderful Thai Restaurant, Tucked Away but Worth Finding”
Review of Thai Spice

Thai Spice
Ranked #36 of 288 Restaurants in Iowa City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 14, 2018

This relatively small, intimate Thai restaurant is big on service, menu options and flavors! I've been here several times while visiting family in the area, and have never been disappointed. This time, I had the Kao Pad with shrimp (the gluten free option), which was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was prompt and helpful. Thai Spice is tucked away and not immediately visible from the street, but it is worth seeking out and enjoying when you're in the Iowa City area.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

I’m honestly reviewing this cause of the customer service. I honestly could not even review for the food cause we have not even tasted the food. And I am also very disappointed cause the reviews for it is great. But we (four other people) have felt that the waitress was rushing us. Or was in a bit on the snobbish side. I just asked if they have sticky rice for the Larp or Spring rolls. She replied with a lite rude attitude “they do not”. We all just canceled the order we placed. We decided to go somewhere else. The only reason I did gave the 2 stars was for the Thai Tea, it was delicious.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 28, 2017

We have eaten here often, lunch and dinner, and never had a so so meal, it is always great! Had a dish with chicken, Thai basil, chili sauce, oyster sauce, sweet red peppers and yellow onions last night that was amazing! Great service, lovely dining area, incredible food!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Four happy customers, with good service and fresh, clean, well cooked food. The flavors were complex and delicious

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Best service of any restaurant ever. The dining room is clean and cute, with red accent walls. I really appreciated our waitress Erica being very accepting of our special requests as well as the chef's willingness to accommodate our special request to steam the tofu instead of fry. There were four of us and my husband ordered the tofu and shiitake mushroom dish. He said it was a little spicy but the best tofu he ever had. It was a very generous portion of tofu with just a few too little mushrooms. My eggplant dish was the best I ever had, not too sweet and big tender chunks bathed in a delicious delicate sauce with bits of red pepper for color. The small salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red cabbage, snd shredded carrots was very fresh and an ample enough size that we all four could share a little. It came garnished with green onion and cilantro. My dinner mates all raved about the slightly sweet and nutty salad dressing which had a very prominent sesame oil flavor and that you can also take home in a bottle. I will definitely be coming back to this place.

Date of visit: August 2017