“Closed. Good downtown restaraunt gone.”
Review of The Pita Pit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Pita Pit
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed May 31, 2017

Pita Pit is closed. One of the new owners also owns Joe's Place next door.
Supposed to put in a pizza joint which will have a kitchen service window connecting to the barstaff next door. Go to Coralville at 6th Ave & the strip to find a Pita Pit.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

We were visiting our son at U of I and he took us to this place for lunch. It offers a good variety of choices, and they stuff your pitas to the brim! The men working there were very nice, as well! It was a bit pricey, which is why the rating of four and not five, but I would go back again!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Your choice of 3 meats cooked on a grill with several healthy veggies, cheeses, and sauces available. It's all cooked fresh. Better if you have those veggies cooked on the grill with the meat. Delivery is often available also.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were out running errands and looking for a quick lunch when we ran across this place. It didn't disappoint. It's set up like a Subway--you order at one end and you emerge at the other with your food. The chicken caesar pita was tasty and fresh and a lot healthier than most fast food alternatives.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

If you want it go in. Also, don't ask for the manager if something goes wrong because she will just be rude to you and blame your problem on you.
I waited 2 hours for my order called 3 times and the manager tried to make me feel like it was my fault that it never got delivered.

1  Thank Lauren Z