“Great Pizza and Apps!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

This place is known for pizza. We were visiting the from out of town and I’m glad we ate lunch at the Wig and Pen. We order a thin crust pizza and it was delicious. The pizza had lots of cheese and toppings and was baked perfectly.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 30, 2018

The rating rings true- we agree with others that this place has terrific pizza. Mostly true to it's name, the atmosphere is intended to be that of a British pub. We ordered a chicago style, and the other group we were with ordered one that had sliced tomatoes on top. Be patient when ordering these pizzas...our order took about 45 minutes to arrive, but that gave us a chance to devour the amazing onion rings and a beverage. The chicago pizza is immense and densely thick with abundant cheese and the sauce is quite tasty. Our server was just average, nothing special there, and the prices are not on the economy side for the pizza, onion rings, or the beer options. Overall I would return (I'd like to try the thin crust pizza), but not often due to the price and so/so service.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We came just for the pizza and was not disappointed. The thin crust with the Krab was divine. I could have ate it all my self! The Chicago style was a nice change from the normal. We will be back!

Reviewed August 15, 2018

I heard that this was the best pizza place in all of Iowa and I would extend that area to include any of the Pizza restaurants that I have ever visited. I love thin crust and if you do, this is the place to go. I cannot review any of the other crusts because we only had thin crust, BUT I noticed that other people who ordered different crusts had smiles on their faces when they bit into their pizza.
We got the Union Jack.The sauce was delicious. All of the toppings were delicious. You can change one item on the pizza, which we did. We changed the Onions for MORE CHEESE. YUM!
We got to Wig and Pen at 5:30 on a Sunday night and were seated immediately. People who arrived 15 minutes later had to wait for a table, so go early if you don't like to wait. That is the only negative that there is. They need a bigger building.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the English atmosphere. The waiter patiently explained the drinks here. I recommend the onion rings and yummy pizza.