“Try the Olive Bread. Good stuff”

Bread Garden Market & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 277 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed June 22, 2016

My favorite by far is the Olive bread which can only be found at Bread Garden Market while in Iowa City. The prices might be higher than area grocers but that's only because the service and quality are higher. They only carry beers, and wine (no spirits). The serve gelato, and have a great selection of harder to find meats- ground lamb. For lunch I love the chicken noodle soup. I love everything about the grab and go lunch buffet. You can't go wrong picking something up and watching foot traffic go by on their outdoor patio.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

This is a great little market in the heart of downtown Iowa City. A lot of decent grocery options, a good selection of produce, a decent selection of beer and wine, a gelato selection, a coffee shop, and food for take out or eating in....wow!!

I went here for lunch, and was impressed by the quality of the lunch buffet options. I went with a salad (make your own, then weigh & pay). I ended up with a wonderful French press coffee at the coffee shop within the market.

Overall, this was a great little place, and I could see many return trips if here again.

Reviewed June 18, 2016

A unique store on the Pedway in Iowa City. Great place for informal breakfast/lunch/dinner. Prices reasonable. A healthy foods grocery with a good variety of products. Enjoyable breakfast chatting with local folk - verey friendly!

Reviewed June 11, 2016

Left home without everything we needed and the Bread Garden Market staff was very helpful in finding what we needed. Thanks Wally

Reviewed April 18, 2016

I love the salad bar. It has lots of options both hot & cold. It offers a great patio.
I enjoyed a great cup of coffee in the morning with a freshly made muffin. They have a variety of healthy options.