“Under the Radar”

Ranked #97 of 286 Restaurants in Iowa City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed January 19, 2015

Fantastic place for Soup and Sandwiches mostly. Excellent homemade food, friendly service and good pricing. Selection of more than 5 soups everyday. Lots of sandwich choices, all made fresh with good ingredients. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed November 25, 2014

We stopped in because every place else was packed, glad we did. Staff was super nice and easy going. Sandwiches were large and filling. I ordered the Caesar Wrap, it was good, but I ended up eating the my brother's buffalo chicken sandwich, wishing I would've gotten that. I would recommend trying something out of your comfort zone! Reasonably priced.

1  Thank Brittani R
Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very welcoming and treated the customers like family. They offered good recommendations, including my new favorite side, the pesto pasta. My friend I went with said the sandwich was good, but the soup was just ok. The portions were huge, a typical half sandwich is the size of a typical full sandwich you would make at home!

Good on game day when all the bars are packed because the service is quick and the food is filling!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in Iowa City on a road trip and had lunch at Mamas. The bread is whole grain and toasted and seriously so good. I would imagine any sandwich on this bread is great! We had the chicken salad and the chipotle chicken. Both were very yummy and filling. Get the smaller portion, it's still huge!! :)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

OK - I "used" to like this place but I was disappointed by a recent visit. I want to pose 2 questions to Mama's cooks: 1) How can you mess up a turkey sandwich? and 2) How can you mess up mac and cheese? It was a yucky experience. I won't be going there again. P.S. the decor is nice.