“Another good stay at the Highlander”

Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Iowa City
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Room was not yet ready when I arrived, but the front desk staff, Jeffrey, was very gracious and asked me to wait awhile... I was patient because I knew we were a big group checking in and it was just a bit past the check-out time. The wait was only about 10 minutes and I was able to get into my room. I've stayed here a number of times, but it was only during this stay that I realized how huge their guest rooms are! I really appreciated the space. The newer hotel rooms are without a doubt becoming smaller. The room I stayed in was clean and had a balcony overlooking the indoor swimming pool. My only complaint would be the slow-draining tub, but that's not a deal breaker. Bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. It was another good stay at the Highlander.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Greetings Joe:

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay. Jeffrey is one of our standout employees we are glad you only waited 10 minutes to get into your room. We have gone ahead and shared you comments regrading the slow draining tub with our General Manager. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Iowa City/Coralville area.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

My church uses their facilities every week. It is always clean and staff is always wanting to help the customer. We never have had a issue with the staff. My experience has always been good. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012

Greetings:
Thank you for your great review of our staff, services and facilities. We will share your letter with our entire staff so that they can see that their hard work is being rewarded.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

My family and I stayed at the Clarion hotel in July and had a fabulous time. Traveling with toddlers in hotels is some times hard but the Clarion was clean and very family friendly. It's location was close to everything and made it very covenient. The breakfast was wonderful and the coffee was outstanding which is rare at hotels.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy L

Greetings Amy L:

Thank you for your great review of our property. We will go ahead and share your comments with our appreciative staff. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I am at the hotel every week attending church and have all my friends stay here when they come to visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful to make sure your stay is great! They have an excellent breakfast area, nice indoor pool, and very comfortable conference rooms.
All of my friends who have stayed here have had a very nice experience. If you are coming to Iowa City, I would recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Greetings Mike B:

Thank you for the great review of our facilities. We will share your great comments with our appreciative food and beverage team.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife and I go to the Clarion in Iowa City every Sunday to attend church services held there. The facility is top of the line as far as appearance and decor. The hotel staff are very outgoing and extremely friendly, accommodating our every need. This hotel is top notch in appearance
and service, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for accommodations in Iowa City.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings Holsomback:

Thank you for your great review of our property, our facilities and our appreciative staff. We will go ahead and share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

The staff has and continues to be exceptional. Will recommend this hotel to family, friends and co-workers. Thank you Clarion for letting us use your facilities for our church services and the pool area. The Hotel is beautifully decorated and has amazing personnel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings Susan H:

Thank you for your great comments regarding our facilities. Our team appreciates the positive feedback.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Very clean, nice staff, great lounge and pool. Beds a little hard, no pillow top, otherwise everyting good. price was very good comparied to other hotels on game day and will let you stay one night......

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Greetings Haart:

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel's staff and facilities. I have gone ahead and shared your comments with our housekeeping manager who will look into the bed issue. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area for a game.

Corporate Sales Manager.

6 km away
Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
#15 of 21 in Coralville

Been to Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!