Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center
US$65
US$145
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Alexis Park Inn & Suites(Iowa City)(Great Value!)
US$75
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
US$104
Travelocity
US$92
US$107
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

All reviewsnice poolwafflesbiscuits and gravyoff the highwayfront desk staffexercise roomhot breakfastbed was comfortableroom was largestayed one nightwould stay here againconvenient locationreclinercerealwhirlpool
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

The was a very fantastic hotel. The rooms were nice and large with big comfortable beds and lots of pillows. The bathroom was nice with a big shower and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: December 2017
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here while on tour and performing in Des Moines. It was very convenient to the highway and the room was very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was super friendly even at 2 am, and the free breakfast in the morning was a perfect way to get full before hitting the highway!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Great location, right off the highway close to the airport and only a short drive into the heart of town. Great free hot breakfast, all my favorites including eggs, sausage and waffles. Clean room, clean bathroom, and comfortable bed, which is a plus. Evven though there was a U of I football game the hotel was full but it was very quiet. No problems falling asleep, which sometimes happens in other hotel. I definitely will recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank lindai677
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Reviewed November 4, 2017

We had such a good experience a few months ago at the Clarion Highlander conference center I came back with another band I tour manage and once again we had a great stay. Massive parking lot allowed up to park bus and trailer with ease. Fast and courteous staff adjusted room preferences per my clients smoking request; they were also impressed with the largest indoor pool they’ve ever seen in a hotel. Stay was quiet and peaceful; complimentary breakfast exceeded quality of other hotel chains. There is a amazing restaurant in there as well; also plenty of conference room and business resources as well if that’s your thing. This is my favorite spot to stay at in a great location when traveling through Iowa. Be sure to check out the Spam museum!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

We went to visit my son and attend the U of I football game. It was the only hotel we could find that had openings and they had jacked their prices to $169 per night which is ridiculous for this property to be asking for. When we checked into out room there was trash already in the trash can left from the people before us. The carpet and bedding is old and dirty. The shower had no water pressure and did not drain. The next day we went to the game and came home exhausted to find no one had cleaned our room or brought fresh towels. Upon leaving the toaster did not work in the breakfast area and I waited 15 minutes for a desk clerk to print my receipt. No one was at the desk....! Such a waste of our money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017