“Authentic Mexican”

La Regia Taqueria
Ranked #17 of 288 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 16, 2018

My wife and I stopped in on a trip back from Mason City. Restaurant was clean and service was quick and friendly. When we came in we were seated in an area where a cold breeze came in. They were able to move us easily and it made the meal that much more enjoyable.

When it says it is vegetarian friendly they are correct. My wife has limited meat choices and she was able to find enough vegetarian options to be satisfied. She had the potato tacos and said they were fabulous. She also had a sopa and she enjoyed that also. I had the number 10 combo and it was excellent. (carnitas with rice, beans, side salad and corn tortillas)

Price is reasonable and we ate for under $20.00.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We live in Quad Cities and go to Iowa City frequently because our kids go in college there. Almost every time we go, we visit “La Regia”. They serve great quality tacos and enchiladas. They are so good that we have not tried other dishes yet, but the menu includes much more than tacos.
This is the most authentic Mexican taqueria that I know in the region.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Me and three of my coworkers ate at La Regia for lunch. We went at noon and the place was busy. We all liked our food but the service was poor. I get they were busy but we seemed to be ignored. This is the only time I have eaten here and maybe this is not normal. Hard for me to want to come back. I just felt. like we did not matter.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Found this restaurant in a Google search. Known for best tacos in Iowa. The birria taco was flavorful. I thought it had a greasy finish- my friend didn’t notice. Ordered mixed fajitas dinner. For 12.50 it is the equivalent of the 8.00 I pay for the fajitas lunch back home (an hour away).
Very flavorful and spicy because they use poblano peppers in the fajitas instead of standard green- which makes this dish unique!
Tried every sauce available on table and if you like heat- try the small orange bottle
Would recommend this restaurant for the flavor of the food but not the price.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We visited this place recently and enjoyed the fresh Mexican food. The prices are quite reasonable and the food and chips are prepared fresh. The atmosphere is rather casual. Probably one of the better Mexican restaurants in Iowa City.