“Just wanted a good sandwich”

Timmy Flynn's Red Pepper Deli & Grill
Ranked #115 of 275 Restaurants in Iowa City
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: redpepperdeliandgrill.com; Timmy Flynn's has been a favorite Iowa City restaurant since 1979 serving up the best sandwiches in town. This amiable Hawkeye hangout has delicious subs, spuds, soups and salads. Ask and we'll also gladly cater your next party or event!
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

This place always had best sandwiches in town. Got mine to go. Disappointed wasn't made to my request when got back to hotel. The price seemed a bit higher but maybe because I added red peppers since it was in the name.

Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

My wife got the baked potato and I got their steak sandwich. Fantastic! We finished the meal splitting a piece of chocolate cake that was out of this world!

Reviewed April 20, 2016

Simply great food!! The sandwiches are VERY tasty. The soup is hot. The baked potatoes are big and filling!

I have had lunch many, many times. It has all been very good and very flavorful.

Also, they deliver. Red Pepper makes for a great lunch meeting.

Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit, I was very pleased with the wait staff, the folks behind the counter made my initial order painless and the outcome delicious!! Thanks for a great lunch

Reviewed January 4, 2016

Food was great, staff was friendly lots of cool old Hawkeye things to look at on walls. Dinning room was clean with plenty of seating. Prices were more than fair. I will be going back again.