“Try the great specialty pizzas! My review is only about take out pizza.”
Review of Wedge Pizzeria

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wedge Pizzeria
Ranked #112 of 276 Restaurants in Iowa City
Reviewed October 24, 2017

As a pizza lover I usually stick with Hawaiian or something I know. Luckily, I was not the ordering and ended up eating a pizza with pesto, cheeses and pistachios! The Nutcracker is usually prepared with peppers, but we left those off. Anyway, IT WAS DELICIOUS! I ate so much of that I didn’t even try the salad. The crust was not too thin and not too thick. The cheeses melded together to make heavenly goo. Parmesan really can make a pizza special.
We also had a pepperoni and sausage which was yummy.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

I'm a bit of a pizza connoisseur and had a pie delivered from Wedge while in town for appointments. I was not disappointed and would give their pizza a high B+ or low A-. I'll definitely eat there again when next in town for appointments.

1  Thank PACManBreck
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I ordered a veggie pizza for friends with a new baby and they just loved it. I ordered on line while out of town and was able to pay, leave the tip an choose the time of delivery. Very slick and a winner all around.

Reviewed February 4, 2017

I am a pizza lover who has probably been to the Wedge over 200 times (400? 500??). While I won't lie about the one flaw they have being significant (their crust is mediocre; I believe it is made out of house by Hy-Vee for the Wedge, not in-house)...
The Wedge's choices are simply unbelievable, and their specialty pizzas are just the absolute best I have ever found anywhere.

They have one in particular called the Nutcracker, that on paper doesn't sound very good. It has pistachios, peppers, mozzarella, and a pesto base. But once you have a couple of slices of this you'll realize the complex flavor profile is absolutely insanely good and you'll be back for it again and again. It's a specialy treat you simply can't get anywhere else. The Riverside Pesto and the Buddha are also very special and tasty.

My personal favorite non-specialty pizza is to have them make one with an olive oil and garlic base, feta, mozzarella, and green olives. It's very salty...but mmm is it delicious and special.

The Wedge is a locally owned business that makes very special food that I will always treasure. I no longer live in Iowa City (In CR now), but it's worth the drive sometimes just to get what they have (which just isn't even close to replicated anywhere else around).

1  Thank hydrothunder
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is my second trip to The Wedge. Nice little place to pick up some hot fresh gourmet style pizza by the slice. The best part is that it always seems to be different pizza. It's nice to try a slice & not have to buy a whole pie that you might not like. The price is great & so is the service. After a demanding day, you can stop, pick up & be on your way. Beware, the awesome smells coming from the takeout box may have you pulling over to enjoy some before you get home.