“Excellent cupcakes”

Molly's Cupcakes Iowa City
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Iowa City
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

The cupcakes at mollys are delicious! We had the chocolate decadence and loved them. Not dry at all and the perfect amount of frosting. So many to choose from as well and a good price.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Killer cupcakes, Huge variety of cupcakes, good coffee and busy as can be when we were there. Counter help was efficient and helpful.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

WOW talk about nirvana! I DO NOT LIKE CUPCAKES. I repeat, I DO NOT LIKE CUPCAKES. Well, I have reached a turning point! I “heart” Molly’s. No wonder they won Cupcake Wars. Typically I find the cake part of cupcakes dry. Not these-Molly’s cupcakes were moist and absolutely divine.
I had the “Bennington” topped with chocolate ganache icing. My only teensy, tiny complaint is this cupcake’s selling point for me was the peanut butter filling. Sadly, I found the filling was a bit sparse.

I wish I had not been visiting for just part of the day or I would have made a daily visit to sample other flavors! We took a seven layer bar to go and after a six hour, incredibly draining medical appointment, and ten hours of driving, we welcomed the perfection of this confection!

In addition to the amazing cupcakes, the décor is adorable and very well-thought out. Wooden swings hung from the ceiling act as counter seating and the café area was spotless and gleaming white.

In my humble opinion, Molly’s is a not-to-be missed stop should you find yourself in Iowa City.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Variety, including gluten free. Lots of option for toppings too. They are fresh and tasty every time. Great for parties or just one when you walk by.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Liked the cupcakes, particularly key-lime pie cupcake. But only 4 stars because the restaurant could have been a bit cleaner. We visited during the summer, when most students are away. It was mid-afternoon, and it was slow. Only one attendant in the shop. It's worth it, if you are looking for a quick dessert that is unique.