“Very good spot on Great River Road” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Keokuk

Hampton Inn Keokuk
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keokuk
Memphis, TN
“Very good spot on Great River Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Overall good to very good experience. The staff is truly excellent - very friendly from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The only real downside is that the hotel is showing its age - a bit on the older side. Doors slam quite loudly but I was fortunate that there was no late night in and out to make that a problem. Overall, a very good experience, marred only by the age of the place - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you so much for your response and for staying with us! I am so pleased you got the chance to enjoy the friendliness of our staff, they really are great! I know that we are coming on 7 years old this year in May, and that does mean the building is getting older! However we are actually undergoing new renovations throughout the hotel, I can't wait for you to come stay with us again and see our newly renovated hotel, I do think you will love it!

Again thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you staying with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Was hoping for a typical Hampton (read: clean, friendly, comfortable, quiet) and got mostly that!

Greeted happily at the front desk and assigned to a room on the first floor, which I found odd.

A couple of "issues" are keeping me from 5-starring this hotel:
1. Noise transference between rooms and between floors. We were distinctly aware of a conversation going on in the room next door, as well as what they were watching on TV. The noise coming from our ceiling reminded me of my military housing days - we could hear every step across the floor, and what sounded like kids jumping on the bed. Also, the hallway noise level seemed a bit "much" even though this is normal in a hotel. Maybe it was more noticeable because we were on the first floor?
2. Little flying bugs. Smaller than mosquitoes, larger than gnats. There were several flying around our room, and I found one crawling on the bathroom floor. They weren't specific to this hotel, though, as we found them outdoors when we got in our car to leave.
3. Breakfast was sadly mediocre. After a waffle disaster (Hampton Inn waffle issues have plagued me from my first stay at a Hampton-branded facility - one day I will learn never to try them!), I got a biscuit with some gravy. There was a giant bowl of fresh fruit, along with some pastries and yogurt.
4. The shower's water pressure was pathetic (that's my hubby's word for it). The water also didn't seem especially hot - even with the tap turned to full hot. Nice roomy shower, though (no tub, just an oversized shower).
5. The water-saving vanity tap was nothing short of irritating. Extremely difficult to rinse soapy hands, and it took forEVER to rinse a toothbrush. To my way of thinking, these "water savers" cause people to use MORE water since they have to let them 'run' longer to be effective.

The good points?

Every single employee we met was friendly and engaging, and always smiling!

The bed was exceedingly comfortable, which surprised us - we sleep on a memory foam mattress at home, so we were concerned. However, we did sleep well and woke up pain-free! Yay!

The room was very clean! The carpet seemed a bit worn in high traffic areas (and especially in the hallway), but everything was in good repair. We never turned on the TV, so I can't rate that.

The fitness center was modern with good equipment (elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike), and the pool looked inviting (although I didn't use it).

This hotel seems to be very popular in Keokuk - the parking lot was full when we left at 7am, so I'm guessing most rooms were occupied. I'd stay here again, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
I want to thank you for writing a review for us about our Hotel! And I am overall pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, I noticed you had mentioned some concerns on the noise and I want to apologize about this, and I will ensure that if you are staying with us again that you will be placed on the highest floor, as I do feel you will be more comfortable there with the noise level being on first! Also the water pressure in our hotel is in fact as you mentioned for saving water, but I do understand the issue of rinsing a toothbrush, as when I rinse my hands I too wish there would be more water pressure! And this is something I will discuss with the Hilton Franchise Hotels about as these are standard in all Hilton Hotels, but I will look into this!
We are actually right now as I type this response to you, having all the carpet in the guest rooms and building torn out and bran new carpet replaced!!!! We are very excited about this, as we are undergoing a full public area renovation with new carpet in all guest rooms, and some new items in the guest rooms! I cannot wait for your return so that you can see what a change in appearance we are doing with the hotel!
Thank you again so much for staying with us, and we would love to have you stay again!

Pamela
Hampton Inn Keokuk Iowa
Addison, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I booked this hotel on Friday 2/17 for a Saturday 2/18 stay. I got in early, Jaime greeted me with a smile and a no problem... your room is ready. The hotel is easy to get to, clean, great breakfast, coffee & tea all day. Room comfortable and clean. It was a stop on my drive from LeClaire along the RIver Road path to enjoy the Mississippi and find eagles... both successful. Plan on returning again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I want to thank you very much for taking the time to fill out this response regarding our Hampton Inn! We really love hearing guests feedback, and especially when one of the team members names are mentioned, it get's the team excited!
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we cannot wait to have you stay with us again!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I spent 3 nights here in September 2011. This is a very nice place. Everyone was super friendly. The lady at check-in named Melissa was extremely cheerful. Even the cleaning lady Sierra left positive happy-face notes on the desk. Everyone was really friendly!!

The room was first class, no issues. WiFi worked fine and the breakfast was good, although seating was a little tricky at times (not enough tables at rush hour).

My only complaint, which is nitpicking really, is that the hotel is at the outskirts of town instead of closer to the river. As I was visiting Nauvoo, I drove the length of Keokuk coming and going all 3 days. On the positive side, a WalMart (which I visited) and some restaurants are within a few blocks.

This is a good choice in Keokuk, in fact it just may be the best place in town.

If you have some extra time for Keokuk itself, be sure to walk out on the observation bridge for a good view of the Mississippi River and the dam and locks. Good views are also to be seen from Rand Park.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Thank you so much for such a great response, it means a lot to hear feedback from our guests!
Our Team here at Hampton Inn really enjoy reading responses and hearing how our guests enjoyed their stays!
'So thank you so much for letting us know! And we do hope you will stay wtih us again if you are ever in the area!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Clean, safe hotel. Good free breakfast. I love the western omelets. Good service, friendliest most cheerful cleaning staff we have ever seen. At the far end of Keokuk, but that is the nicer end of town. It is a 25 min drive to Nauvoo, but the drive along the Mississippi River is beautiful. Worth the extra few minutes. Convenient to grocery, Walmart, gas stations. Hallways a little worn, but room was fine and bathroom was spotless. Large flat screen tv was excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such a great review on our property, we really do work really hard as a Team to make sure each and every guest enjoys their stay and feels like they are with friends when staying with us!
And to hear our guests feedback is awesome and we really do appreciate you staying with us, and I am so pleased that you would be returning to stay with us again when you are in the area!
And we are so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast, as we will also be implementing a new Oatmeal for our guests too shortly!
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Our stay at this Hampton Inn was great. The check in procedure was smooth and the staff member at the desk was friendly. The elevators did have a bad odor and were not air conditioned. The room was clean and although not overly large, was functional. The pool was a nice temperature (not cold), but the pool area had a very strong chlorine smell and was a little warm. The breakfast in the morning had hot items, as well as juice, yogurt, bagels, cereal and a waffle maker. The hotel is located right next door to a grocery store, and very close to Wal-Mart. We used the hotel as a base for exploring Nauvoo, IL, which was a pretty drive along the river to reach. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank IndyOne
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
I just wanted to say thank you for staying with us and thank you for the great review of our property! We do hope to have your family stay with us again next year if you are visiting the Nauvoo IL area!
We will be freshly and newly renovating our Lobby and Fitness Center/ Pool Area as well, so I would like to welcome you to come again next summer and see our new renovations!
Again thank so much for staying with us and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! :)
Central Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I checked into the Hampton Inn in Keokuk, Iowa, on a recent business trip. The desk clerk, Melissa, was not only very welcoming, but she took the extra time to personally make sure that my key would open the back door to the parking lot. She also phoned the room later in the evening to make sure that I had everything I needed. The room was comfortable, clean and had everything needed for a business traveler. The choices for a hot or cold breakfast were more than adequate, but nothing outstanding. All in all, you know what you're going to get at a Hampton Inn, in terms of the accommodations, and Melissa put a smile on my face after a long drive.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sdt410
I just want to say thank you for staying with us and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn! As you mentioned that all Hampton Inn's are great, however I like to believe that what sets us apart from other hotels is our wonderful staff, which you have noticed! We really hope to have you stay with us again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keokuk
0.5 km away
0.4 km away
Chief Motel
Chief Motel
#4 of 6 in Keokuk

Been to Hampton Inn Keokuk? Share your experiences!