“There for an event but was not impressed with Staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Larchwood
Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larchwood
Chamberlain, South Dakota
“There for an event but was not impressed with Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was there yesterday with some other co-workers for the Taste of Home Cooking School which was wonderful but I and the rest of the people I was with and others I spoke with were not impressed with some of the staff. It was very cold and the fan was blowing right on us towards the back of the room and we asked several times if they could just turn it down a bit and they said sure a few times but did not move from their spot or use a radio. Again we signaled one of the 2 ladies standing in back of the room and she looked at us and would not come over and then she said load enough to hear - "they are just going to complain that it is too cold in here". I thought the Resort overall was nice but maybe they should work on customer service with some of their management staff. This was my first time coming to Grand Falls and I was planning a trip with some friends maybe in April but not sure if we will choose to come there now.

Room Tip: I did not stay over.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Jennyep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Estherville, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I booked a room for my wife, my son and I for my birthday. The casino is really nice and the rooms are very clean and comfortable, but overpriced.
The Saturday dinner buffet was good but overpriced, cost me a Fifty Dollar bill for 2 adults and 1 child to eat.
Stay away from the Craps tables, the dealers are incompetent. Twice my come bets were misplaced and I was shorted $10 on a hard 6 bet. When I told the dealer about the mistake, he denied being worng but eventually made it right.
The bartenders weren't to concerned about getting you a drink, very slow service. And I was informed you can not carry a drink in each hand. I bought a beer for myself and a mixed drink for my wife who was sitting at a table behind the bar. The last drinks I bought after that.
Tried to get breakfast at 10:20 am Sunday morning. They stop serving breakfast at 10:30 am on Sunday mornings. That was the last straw for me! I couldn't leave the property fast enough! Maybe I expect to much. I wont visit again.

Room Tip: Book a room at a different casino.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
20 Thank fasteddie-1971

Travellers are raving about these Larchwood hotels

Lennox, South Dakota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I went on a Saturday for his birthday. We mainly went for the food, at 17$ a person it was just disgusting! The same seafood mix was in the crab Rangoon, the stuffed flounder and the scallops. It was turned tasting and to have it in so many dishes is just lazy. On another point the casino has the tightest slots I have ever seen! Unless I get a massive discount on a room I don't see my self ever going back. At 200 a night is crazily over priced considering how much you are going to loose in the slots on food and on drinks. not worth the time!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Meghan S
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I actually prefer this place to Vegas or Reno because it feels safer and it is a lot cleaner. The rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable, and well appointed. The meals were good at the buffet. We didn't try the steakhouse this time but we will next time. Shopping in the boutique was fun because they had great clothes and candles for a great price. The lady in the boutique was really nice. Everyone on this property had a smile and was helpful, and that is the best part of any resort.

Room Tip: The Grandview rooms have a balcony for those who smoke.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meandmytreasures
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was our second visit to Grand Falls. We stayed about 3 months ago. We actually got a great deal on the room rates, otherwise they generally pretty high priced. The room was nice and clean and we had a great visit to the Spa. The food was again, very good. We have not tried the steak house yet, but have heard good things about the food. The only negative thing we encountered was at the Cafe with a young gal working behind the counter who maybe should find a new line of work.

The machines were cranked tight- but paid out enough to keep us playing. Once the property gets finished and more entertainment gets booked this really will be a great place to visit.

It appears most of the negative comments are coming from Sioux Falls residents. I'm not sure about those complaints. The food has been great, the rooms and spa have been great. Like we have stated before, it is worth the extra money to go somewhere that is not located on a reservation and the money goes back into the State. Grand Falls is safe, clean and close to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hard_To_Impress
Tafton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and I started with the excellent taste experience at Robert's Buffet which rivaled the cuisine of more expensive buffets and exceeded the buffets of Las Vegas. There were non smoking areas in the casino which enhanced our gaming endeavors. We now plan to visit this resort often, if only to sample their excellent food.

Room Tip: Didn't stay at a room as the Casino is within driving distance.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank classicmario
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

whow with all the hype and now open for 9mo. i thought i would go and check this out ! when i got their i thought i would go to the center bar and get a drink ok i ordered a crown water $5.50 the problem was its all water and ice with a dash of crown you see the computer mixes it so you dont get any extra ! that was my first turnoff!!! it was wed. night the big surf&turf buff. for $16.95 i thought i would try it. went to the saled bar sparce to say the least wanted some peel and eat shrimp they only had a couple left in the tray i asked if they would bring more out they said they were out !!! this is at 5:00pm only open for one hour and just a few people their eating. ok their out of shrimp ill go try the crab legs their were only a few in the steamer so i took a couple of legs yuck !!! all water and mush !!! i though i just got a bad batch so i went back up to get some more there were 3 people infront of me waiting for fresh legs when they brought them out their was only a half of tray full they were gone in seconds so i didnt get any!!! i asked the lady if they were bringing more out she said in about 5min. as we only have one cooker !!! ok ill try the steak then while im waiting im telling you one thing i dont no what this meat is but it cant be beef!!! it was like shoe leather and full of grissel with a very strange taste. no good dont eat it unless you want to get sick !!! went back up to get some crablegs again only o few left in the steamer i took a couple and again all soft & water way over cooked the water just ran out of them !!! and i dont no what kind of butter this was but its more like crisco with a little butter added very gross!!! i dont no who is running this place but they must have worked at mcdonalds at one time as they have no clue how to run this place! my advice to anyone that wants good food dont come here and wast your time & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$......

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
21 Thank jpk222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larchwood
13.4 km away
22.9 km away
Dakotah Lodge
Dakotah Lodge
#14 of 52 in Sioux Falls

Been to Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!