All reviews new forest golf course golf club lovely hotel evening meal high standard my partner bar area the pub across the road car park toast afternoon tea full english the ground floor cream tea golf break
Reviewed October 11, 2016

Stayed sunday night, group of 12 golfers. Played the Forest on Saturday, I really enjoyed that and the Manor on monday. The Manor was probably the better course but I preferred the Forest.
Bell Inn good but was a lot of traffic early on monday, I gather there had been a local traffic problem/accident and diversions were operating.
Happy to go again

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Mark P, Samantha Farrar, writing on behalf of Mark Pinn, General Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Dear Trevor B,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review - it's much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Kind regards
Sam

Reviewed October 8, 2016

Our group of 6 stayed at The Bell and played on The Manor course. The 'Classic' double rooms were fine and well equipped. We paid the £40pp supplement for single occupancy. The reception staff were friendly and efficient and the communication from the hotel prior to our arrival was excellent. The WiFi worked in the bedroom most of the time but one must accept that in its rural location. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and breakfast.
It still does not accept Amex which, for an hotel, is irritating.
The Manor golf course was in very good shape and the Bramshaw clubhouse has an excellent lunch menu, good quality food, friendly service and a good pro shop.
This was our third visit and no doubt we will return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I've visited the Bell Inn on a few occasions but only to eat but this time we decided to book a Sunday night stay. Were stayed in a manor room on the Sunday night special rate which included a glass in bubbly £20 each towards dinner and breakfast Monday morning it was very good value. Our room was really large with lovely view over the garden a massive bed an excellent walk in rain shower however I was a little disappointed to see the toilet rim really dirty and in need of a good clean. We invited my niece her husband and baby daughter to join us for dinner and have to say the food was lovely they even allowed me to use my food discount card along with the already £40 allowance. We had a good nights sleep even though the room was cold but when I told them next morning I was told there is a heater in the room so really can't complain about that as I did not look for a heater. Breakfast buffet was ok not your 5 star but adequate and for what we paid you can't complain. Although we had a couple of small issues I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Manor room are really large and spacious
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth P
Mark P, Samantha Farrar, for and on behalf of Mark Pinn at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2016

Dear Elizabeth P,
Thank you for taking the time to post your very fair review. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt that overall, it was good value. We like to keep the place spick and span and your feedback about the lime-scale build up on the toilet rim has been acted upon in a review of procedures with our housekeeping team. We hope to welcome you back to our lovely four-star Inn again soon!
Kind regards
Sam

Reviewed October 3, 2016

Good service.Room comfortable and clean. Good quality towels. Food freshly cooked. Although on the main road not much traffic noise. Only if you want to sit in garden can be a bit noisy. Worth visting

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anitathorn
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend and really enjoyed it. The hotel is lovely with great bar and even a residents lounge which was really comfortable. We ate in the restaurant one night and it was superb. Room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was good. It's buffet style. The cooked items were high quality. Perhaps a wider selection of cereals and some fruit would have been welcome. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends