Lowest prices for your stay
US$189
US$189
US$160
View deal
SAVE US$29
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$176
TravelocityUS$176
Lol.travelUS$189
All reviews all inclusive resort food was great excursions blast workout
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

We booked airport transportation and no one came to pick us up imagine our disparity after traveling all the way to Haiti with no way to get to the hotel! We borrowed a phone from an airport employee and called the hotel about 5x each time they gave us the run around first telling us someone was coming then ultimately telling us to take a taxi that cost over $100 usd! THATS NOT EVEN THE BAD PART! We were originally going to stay for 3 nights but got stuck there due to bad road conditions and had to stay an extra three nights paying ALOT more then we expected! The rooms were dirty the bathroom was really disgusting had a big water hole in the ceiling. And here’s the worst part after many days complaining about them not cleaning our room they came while we were eating and beach bathing and when we came back the cleaning girl had STOLEN MY ENGAGEMENT RING !!!! My fiancé just proposed to me in Paris on January 26th I took the ring off because it was a tad too and I didn’t want to lose it in the water. We came back to the room after dinner and the ring was gone ! No one at the front desk would help they just all acted like they had no clue what was going on ! And the best part is I can’t get in contact with anyone from a corporate office to complain or get reimbursed for the ring.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank jnicole
Fernando G, General Manager at Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2020

Greetings !
Thank you for choosing Hotel Royal Decameron Indigo Beach resort and SPA while visiting Haiti, our main goal is our guests satisfaction and I am afraid we fell short to achieve it during your visit. please accept our sincere apologies for during you stay,Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. According to your request we did a proper follow up with our staff unfortunately we did not find the ring . As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues you mentioned from occurring in the future.
best regards

Reviewed November 23, 2019

Rooms are ok, considering this is Haiti, but bathrooms are disgusting. Grounds are great, beach is dirty and disgusting. Plastic bottles are piles and piles of them on the beach. I was so disgusted by beach last time I didn't go to water after I saw all this. But the cherry on the top is that they start spraying "mosquito control" chemicals, which they smell like gas, fuel, so all this fuel myst they start exactly at 7pm when buffet opening for dinner. So you sitting outside, eating your dinner and myst comes right on your plate inside your mouth and you body, eyes, hair of gas fumes. It literally myst of fuel! I asked restaurant menages couple of times to stop it, people are eating, after I ask him for second time he stopped talking to us, not even good morning. He was mad because we said it is dangerous to consume gas fumes! Unbelievable

Room tip: None, they need to update them
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank natalyamccl
Fernando G, General Manager at Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2019

Greetings !
Thank you for choosing Hotel Royal Decameron Indigo Beach resort and SPA while visiting Haiti, our main goal is our guests satisfaction and I am afraid we fell short to achieve it during your visit. please accept our sincere apologies for during you stay,Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues you mentioned from occurring in the future. once again please receive our deepest apologies for any inconvenience and we hope to have you back with us in the near future to host you brilliantly as you deserve. best regards

Reviewed September 21, 2019

Property and the rooms are a bit dated and dingy but the beach is gorgeous. The airport pickup is an old jeep but it got us to and from the resort safely. The food was tasty with different options daily and the staff was pretty good about replenishing things that ran out. Coffee often wasn't available at breakfast though. The drinks are bottom shelf and I wish they would provide more than the tiny cups. Getting drinking water was often way more difficult than it should be, especially during the times the buffet dining area was closed. There were a few highlights tho: kudos to the performers in the evening show! Love their dedication and energy, the Cirque show was particularly good. Also, I definitely recommend the day cruise to the Anse a Galet sandbar with lunch in the water. The captain and crew had great energy and really made sure we had a fun time!...if I'm not mistaken the boat ride is arranged by Haiti Discovery not necessarily the resort...but leaves right from the resort dock. Elzaire at Decameron was very helpful with helping us plan our excursions and transfers. So overall I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from a Haitian resort given the political turmoil and natural disasters, so didn't have the highest expectations to start, but this place was definitely serviceable and felt safe.

3  Thank Najah W
Fernando G, General Manager at Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2019

Greetings !

Thank you for taking out time to share the valuable feedback of your stay at our property. We are delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay with us. It is so inspiring for us to see that our guests have had a beautiful stay which in itself is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues you mentioned from occurring in the future.

The team looks forward to your return soon again to what we hope is now your home whenever you’re in the city.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 21, 2019

This is a honest review. I’ve been here for 3 nights so far. The staff is unpleasant, the women particularly just look don’t smile. The staff act like they are not happy to be at work and make every effort to making your stay uncomfortable. I’m here for my sisters wedding and more than 50 of us traveled here from the US.
The resort is beautiful, upon arrival the staff was moody and uninviting. The resort is positioned on a beach with a pool close by the dining area and lobby. The bar staff are very friendly, I won’t deny that. Literally everyone else ignores you even when passing by them in the hallways. My first room was very hot, the ac was broken and the phone was also broken. I was forced to walk back and forth to the office which was over about a 3 city blocks away. They finally moved my room.
I was completely balling crying in frustration after the second room I was given was also very hot. The guy MOVED me to a room even further away from the main area which was two additional room away. THE PROPERTY IS EMPTY, I’ve walked past several hundred open rooms, it’s also off season it’s the end of September. I know the property is empty because they leave the patio windows open. Honestly I don’t think they like Americans here.
The pool and beach is next to the dining area. I was told I couldn’t wear my bikini top inside but the manager agreed that the staff is making up more rules as they go. I was also told I could eat at the bar area which makes no sense because the bar has glass for beverages.
The POOL CLOSES at 7pm.......the pool at my apartment stays open until 8pm in South Florida. I work for an airline and travel all over the world, Ive never of a resort pool closing at 7pm. You have to pay for WiFi, which is cool I guess but it’s $20/24hours.
It was INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to get to the resort, took us 12 hours and we had to pay for police escort. During our journey we encountered armed civilians and barricaded roads getting here. It was very scary and I’m a Combat Veteran from the United States Army. I will never come to Haiti again unfortunately. It’s not worth the hassle and frustration and the place doesn’t make it any better. I’m 3 more nights here and I’m ready to go home. That’s sad.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Sheenabarbie83

best regards

Reviewed September 12, 2019

This was my first visit to Haiti. It was a short trip to celebrate a friend’s birthday, September 2-6, 2019.

Airport Transfer- I used the Decameron airport transfer option. It cost $77 USD round trip from/to Port Au Prince(PAP). The hotel is about an hour and a half drive from the PAP. I just thought of the ride as a “free” tour to see various towns in Haiti.

WiFi- WiFi is free in the hotel lobby. You do have the option to pay $20USD per day for WiFi in your room. I opted to not pay for the in room WiFi.

Solo Female Traveler tip- there was no secondary lock on my room door for added security. However, I travel with a door stop with alarm, so I slept comfortably.

Food- I enjoyed the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. The food was seasoned well and there were tons of options,

Language- the hotel staff speak English, Creole/ Kreyol, and some staff speak Spanish.

Room- I stayed in room 2222. The bathroom could use a little attention. The shower looked like it had mold in it. The rest of the bathroom (wall s and ceiling) area looked like they painted over the mold. I was told I stayed in an older building. ‍♀️. My friend was initially next door to me , but switched to another room in another building. I opted to not switch after seeing my room, my friend’s old and “new” room.

Tours- My friend and I did the “Lunch in the Water” tour provided at an additional cost (varies from $69 to $75 USD based on time of day) by the hotel. It was so nice we did it twice (photos attached). We didn’t do any additional tours. The Decameron does offer tours to Bassin Bleu, The Citadel etc. However, the hotel concierge said the tours couldn’t be booked due to civil unrest in the areas.

Mosquitoes- I read quite a few reviews that mentioned mosquitoes before my stay. So I packed mosquito repellent spray and bands. I didn’t have any issues during my stay.

Overall, I would stay at the Decameron again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Natasha C
Fernando G, General Manager at Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear Natasha ,

Greetings !

We are delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay with us.
It is so inspiring for us to see that our guests have had a beautiful stay which in itself is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. We have shared your wonderful feedback with the whole team.

Kind regards,