“Clean rooms -- very pleasant staff"”
Review of Super 8 Onawa

Super 8 Onawa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Onawa
Omaha, Nebraska
“Clean rooms -- very pleasant staff"”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I was going to a seminar in the Loess Hills, and this was my only choice. The prior reviews looked pretty good, but I had my doubts about a place right off the interstate. When I called to confirm the clerk dropped my price( from Travelocity ) from $80 to $69.99. No, it's not huge, but it was a nice gesture. The check in was quick and pleasant. The clerk was attentive and gracious. The room (which had wireless) was standard/adequate as was the breakfast (toast, pastries, bagels, juices, coffee). I have one minor complaint -- when I unrolled the rubber bath mat, it smelled strongly of mold/mildew. I just rolled it back up and didn't use it. The entire building was smoke free, and that was nice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank a_prairie_rose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rock Port, Missouri
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I have in-laws in the area and have visited them from Central Nebraska for the last 15 years. My son and I have stayed there probably 3 or 4 times a year for a total of 45-60 visits. I have always been happy with my stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms always clean and quiet. I like that I can park at my door, I love that they allow me to bring my dog. It's across the highway from a great truckstop that's open 24 hours. I highly recommend this location. I've stayed in Missouri Valley, down the interstate about 40 miles, and I felt I got a much better value for my dollar in Onawa.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 20 January 2008

We stopped here on our cross-counrty trip to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks. Quiet clean room with fridge was better than anticipated and just what we needed after a 15-hour + day of visiting the St. Louis Arch and driving from Kentucky. Nice staff - somebody has a green thumb because there are beautiful, large plants in the small lobby. Breakfast selection was ok.

• Liked — great location for cross-country travel and near the Lewis and Clark State Park (keel boat replica)
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Bancroft, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 June 2007

I picked this hotel for my family members to stay for a family reunion. Being this is rural Iowa and the reunion was being held in a small town in Nebraska just a few miles from this location we didn't have alot of choices, but not wanting anything but a clean room and comfortable bed we weren't expecting much more, but were all nicely surprised with the newly renovated rooms with both microwave and refrigerator, a very comfortable mini-easy chair that reclined, a table and chair for eating or using your laptop, a luggage rack and ironing board. The bed was very comfortable and bathroom had a seperate vanity with sink area before the toilet/shower area. The new tub/shower was very deep and spacious with the curved shower rod for even more space, and the adjustable showerhead gave a nice variety of spray. My only minor complaint was low water pressure and the temperature kept changing. The rooms were kept spotless by a very friendly housekeeping staff and the every employee I encountered was very nice and helpful. Continental Breakfast was offered free, I didn't partake but heard it was fine, and they also offer free wireless internet which worked very well. I would suggest (if you are a non-smoker) to request a room in the section of buildings where the front desk is located. That seems to be newer than the section other members of my family were located, their rooms seemed a bit more dated than mine. They also have a section for pet owners as well. I will definitely stay here again if I ever need to stay in the area. Onawa is a nice town with alot of places to eat and shop since they are right off Interstate 29. This is a nice hotel for anyone needing above average motel accommodations.

• Liked — cleanliness, location, free internet
  • Disliked — water pressure, soft water
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed 29 August 2006

An excellent clean property. Extremely helpful staff, entire property was very tidy, rooms neat and clean. Everything was great. Large parking lot. 80 ground room floors, some inside , some outside entry. Right off I-29 Several resturants and gas stations there.

• Stayed July 2006
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Onawa? Share your experiences!