Quality Inn(Osceola)
US$67
US$83
US$58
US$86
All reviewsfree buffetplayers cardthe lower levelsmall lakecoffee makernice roomgreat stopslot machinestable gamesprairie meadowswalk in showerstaff was friendlylake viewbed was very comfortabledes moinesgamblingconcert
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a suite for our anniversary a few months ago. In the meantime she received a flyer in the mail offering her a free room. On our arrival we asked the front desk if we could pay for an upgrade fee for the suite that we booked earlier and the lady at the desk was quite accommodating. She was very friendly and congratulated us on our anniversary. (Great start)! We checked in to our Jacuzzi suite and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the room! We also enjoyed the beautiful view of the lake! After a great buffet, my wife ordered a tenderloin off the menu which she said was very good, we went to the Casino and my wife actually hit big on a slot machine. It was enough to pay for our whole trip! Even if we didn't win in the Casino, which we never expect to win, I would still give 5 stars for the service and great experience of the hotel and the staff. We are looking forward to returning soon!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2018

My wife and I decided to stay here to get away for a night. We decided to eat at the buffet. Not the best decision. We were there on seafood night so the line was long but moved consistently. The problem began when the hostess greeted us (okay not really greeted but more of a blank look and a hello). We were seated and our drink order was taken (no smile here). We then went to the buffet, once we found the plates, which at one point there were not plates, we proceeded to get our food. It seemed like a lot of the dishes were low or nearly out. We took what we wanted, or could, and sat down to eat. The food was average but the wait staff was somber, almost to the point of being unhappy looking. Our plates were cleared in a timely manner so that wasn't an issue. I went back to get some prime rib and man was it good. My wife however went back, not once but several times to get more cheese balls and never found them replenished. I noticed this on several of the dishes. So, I guess no one had the cheese balls to answer my own question.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We do weekends here ever few months. Usually we love the hospitality and the accommodations. However this time, we were stuck at the end of a very cold hall, every time I went to get coffee they were out of regular. The last disappointment was when a gentleman let himself into our room because they had assigned it to him even though we had it for another night. We called and let the front desk know, no apology. Then we had to go have our keys reprogrammed, still no apology just an agreement that it would have scared them too.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a frig, they don't all have them.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a huge group stay two nights for a nearby wedding. Making reservations was a nightmare. Couldn’t get the blocked room rate without being transferred at least three times and spending 45 minutes in the phone. Whole place smelled like cigarettes. Check in people were so rude it became a joke. Couldn’t get in our rooms til 4:00. Our room was nice but my daughters (the bride) room reeked of smoke and looked out in the parking lot. The only friendly workers were the housekeepers and a young waiter at the breakfast buffet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I don't know where to even start. All I can say is this hotel has gone downhill since I have started coming here. The customer service is less than to be desired. No one has a clue what's going on and very rude. When making reservations be sure to call the hotel directly as the reservation line on the website couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time-had to make multiple calls to get the correct room rate with players card. I will say after fighting tooth and nail it was finally corrected-stayed 2x in months time. With all the trouble I had to make a reservation one would think the front desk would be willing to work with me on a "lakeside" room as the website states(deluxe rooms with a lakeside view). More like timber view cause all I see is trees. Even checking in early and the receptionist noting my account to have a lakeside view apparently is a joke. Even though I was offered other rooms at ck in-they told me they didnt have any rooms when I called about the room conditions. Room had a spider in it, phone didn't work and the walls had paint scuffs and no coffee pot and again no lakeside view. Unfortunately stuck here for the night. Benefits quit coming in the mail with new owners I would guess..this place could swallow a piece of coal and sh*t out a diamond as tight as they are..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo