“Review were overly negative”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Postville, Ia
“Review were overly negative”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Even though "earth" friendly services are NOT that important to me, I do like that the hotel did have a card saying that they suggest that you save on water and laundry. I like it, but it's not important. We did not report a needed repair until we checked out, so we do not know if the repair was handled swiftly, or not, but the clerk did give a smile and said that that there are several toilets that need repair. Hopefully that will be taken care of right away. If they wish to be considered "earth" friendly, then run-away toilets are a waste of water.

I would like to say that the staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. I was pleased to sleep on a pillow top mattress that was comfortable. I had read some bad reviews and would like to say that they were overly negative and unfair. Yes, the hotel is older, so furnishings, bedding and decor is older. So what! It was clean. If you want perfection, then go to Des Moines and pay for it. I did not think the trains were that loud. I had no trouble sleeping over their noise. The gas station next door was fairly loud with trucks, but since we had booked ahead, we asked for our room to be on the far side, and we did not hear much truck noise, either.
Overall, a good night's sleep, and that is all we needed.

Room Tip: When you book a room here, ask for one on the back side of hotel. Since none of the rooms have a re...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Davenport, iowa
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The price was half as much as another hotel. The hotel lot shares with a truck stop, so there were trucks going by the window all night. On the other side of the street there is a train that goes by close to every 45 minutes, all night.
The room seemed to be clean. It has a decent pool. There are smoking rooms, which you can smell in the hall of the non-smoking rooms. The service was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Osceola hotels

Minneapolis
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Don't stay at this hotel!!!
The rooms smelled and the manager was hostile. She was not interested in being helpful in any way. I would rather stay in my car than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank trm007
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and son and dogs for a week recent for two reasons one because they allowed pets after you pay 10.00 per day per dog per day pet fee. Second because it was the closet hotel to Garden Grove,Iowa where I had to be all week for Death in the family. I work in a major hotel as a Chief Engineer and have never seen a hotel ran so bad.

First there was no maintanace at this hotel as the room we stay in shows that. First off the sheet on one of the beds had stains on it when we check in and then we had to kill a bug in the bathroom. The room had many issues like the carpet baseboard falling off the wall, The ceiling tiles in the bathroom was water stain and falling. The table and desk top finish was peeling off. The tv channels kept going on and off while trying to watch Tv, the bathroom lock but did not stay shut, the shower made a funny noise because the shower diverter was bad, the ptac unit rattle after 5 minutes of use. I did not report these issues because there was no one to fix these as I had to unclog my own toilet after the front dedsk had to find a plunger.

The pool that they said it was heated was not I ask the front desk about it and she came and did something but it never came up to a temp where you could go swimming.

Than there is the train across the street that comes thru every 30 minutes and blow there horn all hours of the night so much for sleep. Than there is the bad entry door that is broke and does not secure and when I told the front desk they said yes we know!

If you do find the need to stay here do not stay on the front side as it is also a truck stop and the truck keep there motors running all hours of the night.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Tsomerssr
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 20 August 2010

First of all, I work at a hotel and I noticed all of the little things that may not bother some people. The hotel is at a truck stop area. When we went to check in, the front desk representative was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. She was in the process of checking us in and her phone rang and she had us wait to check in so that she could take that personal phone call. We booked our room through Travelocity and because I work at a hotel I know that you are supposed to have put a credit card on file; she never took our credit card. The next thing I noticed was that there was mold on the shower curtain and the ceiling tiles above the shower were moldy and nasty. The remote for the tv was slow and hardly worked. Instead of having a fitted sheet on the bed they had a 2 flat sheets; 1 the way its supposed to be and 1 how a fitted sheet would be. The towels had stains on them. Every night that we got back (we stayed 3 nights) there was no parking so we had to park in places that were not spots. We didn't try the breakfast but I am sure it was just as bad as the rest of the hotel. I was very disappointed because it was not nice like the pictures and reviews portrayed. Will NEVER stay here again nor recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, South Dakota
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Called to reserve a room was told room 204 non-smoking with a king bed was available. Arrived was told room 204 was a smoking room and was already taken. Was given room 210 as a non-smoking room but as we went up the stairs to our room the whole hallway smelled like smoke. Opened the room door and to our surprise their was already someone in the room. They did not even know someone was in there. Went to the desk and got a refund and went elsewhere. This was the first time we had ever went to a Days Inn, needless to say we will never go to another one.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lawton, OK
Reviewed 27 June 2010

This was by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First, the front desk staff and manager are the most rude, unhelpful people I have ever met in my life! Why they are in the hospitality business is baffling to me! Next, they have no elevators, and the carpeting and building itself are old and very dated and not very clean at all. After schleping our luggage upstairs, it was discovered that it was over 100 degrees in our room and the air conditioner worked but it took over three hours to get the room cooled down. We were not happy campers at all. The rooms weren't up to my standards of cleanliness and the bathroom had a broken toilet seat and holes in the door where a towel hook used to be. We paid the military rate of $79.99 for this room and I feel it was a total rip-off. I don't think they should charge over $50 for any room. The vending machines were empty and I swear we had to go up and down the stairs about ten times with requests and complaints that were adressed by the front desk staff and manager giving rude and very discourteous remarks to my husband. Oh, and if you're looking for a peaceful night's sleep you won't get it here, as the train goes by several times throughout the night and blows its obnoxiously loud whistle three times each way. We were awakened at least four times during the night by the train. I would rather spend the night in my car than stay in this dump!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osceola
0.1 km away
Evergreen Inn
#1 of 7 in Osceola
32.1 km away
Little River Inn Motel & Guest House

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!