“Do Not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Do Not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and son and dogs for a week recent for two reasons one because they allowed pets after you pay 10.00 per day per dog per day pet fee. Second because it was the closet hotel to Garden Grove,Iowa where I had to be all week for Death in the family. I work in a major hotel as a Chief Engineer and have never seen a hotel ran so bad.

First there was no maintanace at this hotel as the room we stay in shows that. First off the sheet on one of the beds had stains on it when we check in and then we had to kill a bug in the bathroom. The room had many issues like the carpet baseboard falling off the wall, The ceiling tiles in the bathroom was water stain and falling. The table and desk top finish was peeling off. The tv channels kept going on and off while trying to watch Tv, the bathroom lock but did not stay shut, the shower made a funny noise because the shower diverter was bad, the ptac unit rattle after 5 minutes of use. I did not report these issues because there was no one to fix these as I had to unclog my own toilet after the front dedsk had to find a plunger.

The pool that they said it was heated was not I ask the front desk about it and she came and did something but it never came up to a temp where you could go swimming.

Than there is the train across the street that comes thru every 30 minutes and blow there horn all hours of the night so much for sleep. Than there is the bad entry door that is broke and does not secure and when I told the front desk they said yes we know!

If you do find the need to stay here do not stay on the front side as it is also a truck stop and the truck keep there motors running all hours of the night.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Tsomerssr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

First of all, I work at a hotel and I noticed all of the little things that may not bother some people. The hotel is at a truck stop area. When we went to check in, the front desk representative was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. She was in the process of checking us in and her phone rang and she had us wait to check in so that she could take that personal phone call. We booked our room through Travelocity and because I work at a hotel I know that you are supposed to have put a credit card on file; she never took our credit card. The next thing I noticed was that there was mold on the shower curtain and the ceiling tiles above the shower were moldy and nasty. The remote for the tv was slow and hardly worked. Instead of having a fitted sheet on the bed they had a 2 flat sheets; 1 the way its supposed to be and 1 how a fitted sheet would be. The towels had stains on them. Every night that we got back (we stayed 3 nights) there was no parking so we had to park in places that were not spots. We didn't try the breakfast but I am sure it was just as bad as the rest of the hotel. I was very disappointed because it was not nice like the pictures and reviews portrayed. Will NEVER stay here again nor recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Osceola hotels

Harrisburg, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

Called to reserve a room was told room 204 non-smoking with a king bed was available. Arrived was told room 204 was a smoking room and was already taken. Was given room 210 as a non-smoking room but as we went up the stairs to our room the whole hallway smelled like smoke. Opened the room door and to our surprise their was already someone in the room. They did not even know someone was in there. Went to the desk and got a refund and went elsewhere. This was the first time we had ever went to a Days Inn, needless to say we will never go to another one.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lawton, OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

This was by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First, the front desk staff and manager are the most rude, unhelpful people I have ever met in my life! Why they are in the hospitality business is baffling to me! Next, they have no elevators, and the carpeting and building itself are old and very dated and not very clean at all. After schleping our luggage upstairs, it was discovered that it was over 100 degrees in our room and the air conditioner worked but it took over three hours to get the room cooled down. We were not happy campers at all. The rooms weren't up to my standards of cleanliness and the bathroom had a broken toilet seat and holes in the door where a towel hook used to be. We paid the military rate of $79.99 for this room and I feel it was a total rip-off. I don't think they should charge over $50 for any room. The vending machines were empty and I swear we had to go up and down the stairs about ten times with requests and complaints that were adressed by the front desk staff and manager giving rude and very discourteous remarks to my husband. Oh, and if you're looking for a peaceful night's sleep you won't get it here, as the train goes by several times throughout the night and blows its obnoxiously loud whistle three times each way. We were awakened at least four times during the night by the train. I would rather spend the night in my car than stay in this dump!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

This Days Inn is inexpensive, sure, but I'd have paid more for a better place. The place is functional, but located near train tracks that are quite active overnight. My wife counted at least seven, and while I am a heavy sleeper, even I noticed at least three of them. Breakfast was minimally so, with the pour-it-yourself waffles undercooked, only two cereals, bagels and donettes. No yogurt, no fruit, and only whole milk.

I'd stay here for $65, but not the $85 we paid. We should have pushed on to Ames.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

After a long twelve hour drive from Wisconsin, on th eway to Dallas TX., we came across this wonderful oasis in the middle of a great little City. We were on this drive back to Dallas from a 10 day vacation in the U.P.. We stayed at several different Hotels/motels along the way. As we walked in the door, we were greeted by this very friendly, outgoing people person. Her name is Kat.. When we checked in, we were pleased to find the very reasonable rate of $89.00 for a double room for 3 people. We were on our way back in from the car, getting luggage, we encountered Kat again. She was on her way back from checking our room for cleanliness, etc. I must say, this is one of tne cleanest, well-managed property I have ever stayed in. The indoor pool was a very comfortable temperature and not over-chlorinated like many we encountered on this trip. I cannot say enough positive things about this facility, the personnel, the cleanliness and easy access back to the freeway for our long drive to Dallas.

Tom, Sally and Cortney.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

I went in & asked if there was a room available, and the lady
behind to counter said, "Yeah, what do you need?". We were
exausted from our long drive & stated I needed a room & asked
what she had available. She overcharged for the room & seemed more interested in getting her books done on the counter that waiting on me. My husband & I were tired so we
took the room.

We went up to the room & it was freezing cold!!!! The bed was
just thrown together. And we only had 2 towels for my husband
and myself which felt like sandpaper. The nightstand was literally falling apart & the bathroom was in terrible repair.

• Liked — sleep
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osceola
0.7 km away
Blue Haven Motel
#5 of 7 in Osceola
32.1 km away
Little River Inn Motel & Guest House

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!