“Poor”

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Perry
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come aboard David's Milwaukee Diner for a dining experience that will be a memorable occasion. Our chefs have created a delicious menu with a variety of American Cuisine that will be sure to fancy your taste buds. Named for David Jackson Pattee, the man in whose honor the hotel was built, and for the Milwaukee Railroad, for more than 100 years the main employer in Perry, the Diner aims to take you back to the era when the train was king. The Arrow Room, named for a Milwaukee passenger train, is a recreation of an early 20th Century railroad dining car, complete with coffered ceiling, wood paneling, and murals showing the countryside near Perry by Bouton artist Dennis Adams. The Challenger and Hiawatha Rooms, also named for Milwaukee trains are designed in the Arts and Crafts style frequently found in depot restaurants and railroad hotel dining rooms.
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I have ate here several time when I work nearby, everytime except for this occasion has been fine. I have heard they changed owners or management. I order Tuna they proclaim would be rare,it came out well done. I sent it back and 30 minutes later it returned cooked correctly. All was good until I tried the vegetables, which was still frozen. What a disappointment. I sent it all back and decide just to drink my beer that I had to go to the bar and pick out because the watress didn't know what they served. Me going to the bar was her suggestion. What a mess, I don't blame the staff, I blame the management because of the lack of training

Market505, Director of Sales at David's Milwaukee Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Your comments are being taken very seriously and we will be addressed. Thank you for taking the time to make your comments and please revisit us in the very near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We had a good breakfast there and the setting is lovely. But the waiter made a mistake in my order. And to order only healthy options off the a la carte menu resulted in a much higher bill than we would have paid with one of the set combinations.

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review. It is always a pleasure to have you join us at David's Milwaukee Diner located in the Hotel Pattee.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

My wife and I decided to go here this past Saturday evening. We left much more impressed than the last time. Our server was wonderful, but we have truly come to expect that from the place. She was friendly, attentive, and very helpful. My wife ordered the steak deburgo. The meat itself was very good. It is best described as melt in your mouth. Very tender cut with a lot of flavor. I ordered the baked chicken and it was delicious. The mashed potatoes were probably the best I have ever received while dining out - anywhere. The vegetable mix was absolutely unbelievable. So good. Hats off to the Hotel Pattee, thank you for a wonderful meal and experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We had an omelette and biscuits & gravy. Yummy! This hotel serves Seattle's Best coffee. Very good meal.

Market505, Director of Sales at David's Milwaukee Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Love that coffee aroma every morning at David's Milwaukee Diner and so glad you agree. Thank you for joining us for breakfast and writing a 5 Star TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Good place for our lunch. The historic ambience and detail of the Pattee Hotel carries over into the dinner. Varied menu with solid heartland food. Service was warm and efficient. Seems to be one of the better places to eat in Perry, Iowa. Reasonable prices. Usually there is adequate street parking.