“Some of the best food around BUT the service was RUDE AWAKENING !!!”
Review of Casa de Oro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa de Oro
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and use to live in Perry and would frequent this place due to a combination of great food and service. We moved about 3 months ago and havnt had the chance to go back there as often as we would like. Today we made a decision to drive up to Perry to our favorite restuarant but DID NOT expect what happened. We had the WORSE waitress who actually argued with me and when I told her not to be so rude and to get the manager (who knows me very well) she tells the other waiter " Im not going to deal with his A... , you take them" !! It doesnt end there. The manager was very professional and compted our meals but as he walked away she then proceeded to talk in ear shot to another customer and she continued to bad mouth me. Whats worse is that she is the owners own daughter. I spoke to the manager again and told the manager I doubt I will EVER visit that restuarant again. Its sad that because of this horrible experience I am forced to rely on my integrity and no longer do business there. Other than that the food is very authentic and reminds me of home.

1  Thank Brian V

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food is really good and fresh. The atmosphere is friendly, fun, and very laid back. The servers are very nice and accomodating.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

The food was good and the service was quick and delightful.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

This was our second visit to Casa de Oro but the first since they moved to their current location. We first happened upon the place several years ago when we stayed overnight in Perry on a Sunday and nothing else seemed to be open. We overcame our concerns about the exceedingly rundown exterior, since we had no other options, and discovered inside a bustling restaurant with decor that reminded us of small town cafes in Mexico. The food then was quite good, one of those pleasant surprises that can make traveling so much fun.

Because of that positive first experience, during a recent stopover in Perry we sought out the Casa de Oro even though other places were open. We're glad we did. They've moved up the street to a larger place with a beautiful high tin ceiling and contemporary tables and seating. With minor changes it could be an urban wine bar. The small-town Mexican cafe decor is mostly gone, but the food was even better. After ordering, I nearly filled up on the complementary chips and delicious warm cheese dip, which was totally addicting. Our main courses were huge; we could have split one meal. My husband ordered a chicken dish and I ordered shrimp, a gamble I took only because I had confidence from my previous visit. My plate had a dozen decently sized shrimp, cooked to just the right tenderness and nicely sauced. Ingredients were fresh with none of the processed food overtones that some Mexican restaurants have. Service was friendly and accommodating. Families are welcome, but booths provide privacy if desired and the restaurant is large enough to give everyone enough space. This is a pleasant, dependable spot for a filling, well-prepared meal.

Been to Casa de Oro? Share your experiences!