“Bad Margaritas & Poor Service”
Review of Casa de Oro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa de Oro
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Three of us visited Casa de Oro after a bicycle ride. I was leery of eating there, as on our last visit there was a bug in my salad. We were hungry, so I acquiesced to my friend's desire for Mexican.

We were seated upstairs and had to climb a steep staircase. This was only a concern because the steps had rubber coverings on them, but it was detaching which created a trip hazard.

Salsa and cheese dip is provided with chips - but the salsa is fairly watery. The cheese dip is good.

Two of us in our party ordered margaritas. We both doubted that there was actually any alcohol in the margaritas. The wait staff rarely checked back on our table, so we didn't really have a chance to address this.

Our entrees were perfectly serviceable and I was pleased there was no bugs in the lettuce this time. The wait staff "auctioned off" our food at the table. There was only three of us and it's always a disappointment when a service person can't keep track of who orders what.

When it came time to pay the bill, the waitress did not bring us tickets. We were asked to walk to the cash register and state what we ordered. I went first and identified myself as the one who ordered "Enchiladas Ranchero and a margarita that I'm pretty sure was a virgin margarita." The woman ringing up my order told me there was definitely liquor in it. I commented that it didn't taste like it. I paid $6.50 for a drink that was essentially blended juice.

One of my friends stated that he ordered two Negro Modelas and the woman at the cash register asked if they were virgin Negro Modelas. I found this comment to be completely inappropriate and stated that I would never be coming back.

By the time we left, the woman from the cash register was yelling at me as I was exiting the restaurant. It was COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE!

Beyond the customer service concern, I was appalled at the state of the kitchen. I walked by the kitchen on the way to the restroom and it just looked dirty. Lots of stuff spilled on the floor and it just all looked disorganized.

No way will I revisit this Casa de Oro or any of their other locations.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I hadn't been to Casa De Oro in a while so I thought I would try it for a quick lunch. They started me off with the chips and salsa and also a hot cheese dip. I ordered a chicken chimichanga lunch. Although I prefer the cheese sauce on the top of the chimichanga they put a red sauce. It was still very good. Will definitely try it again.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Ate here this past weekend. My wife and I split a dinner and our son got a kids meal. Love the cold draft beer! We got the bacon wrapped shrimp. So delicious. As always, we loved the cheese dip. Yummy. I heard this place is for sale??? I hope not. Great place for our small town!

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Very clean and inviting atmosphere, menu is huge as are the portions and prices are reasonable. I would definitely go back and try one of their other locations. Only minor complaint is that I thought the margarita was a little weak but I would still order again as it had delicious flavor.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Went here after checking other TripAdvisor reviews. This restaurant is really a great find! The hosts were friendly, the restaurant was absolutely sparkling clean, the food was served at a hot temperature, and it was plentiful and tasty. I'm definitely returning!

Been to Casa de Oro? Share your experiences!