See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a great find!

Sharon is a welcoming hostess [even going so far as to let me use the laundry facilities]; sat and talked and helped me plan my itinerary for the day -- and pointed me in directions I wouldn't have thought of.

Fantastic location!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Im_Being_Frank
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I echo all the positives in other reviews. The Castle is spotless, comfortable,has a perfect river view, and Sharon is the most engaging hostess who knows all about the surrounding area. Plus, her breakfasts are GREAT!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartyDecorah_IowaUSA
Sharon M, Owner at Castle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Marty thank you so much for that great review,it was great meeting you guys and I hope you come visit the castle again. I really enjoyed the book and I will keep it at the castle for other people to read..thanks again Sharon

Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a great place -and- a great deal! We stayed in "The King" suite for $90 (incl a good breakfast). Was bigger than any normal hotel room. Located right across the street from the Mississippi River, you can sit on the screened-in porch and watch the river traffic. We were there in October, so Sharon, the owner, had the entire place decorated for Halloween. Parked right in front. Easy to find.

The whole point of these reviews is to tell people Y/N...this is a YES!

Room Tip: Ask for "The King"....only $90 and worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James G
Sharon M, Owner at Castle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you so much for the castle review, I am working on that wine run.It was great meeting you two and hope to see you back at the Castle real soon..Sharon

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Castle is a hidden treasure. Sharon, the inkeeoer makes the stay a wonderful experience! I love to sit on the porch, sipping a glass of wine, watching the Mississippi roll by. It is also a great value!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Fraud53
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This Bed and Breakfast is located on the quaint Island of Sabula, Iowa. This is run by the hostess with the most interesting stories of Sabula's island history. Her actual family roots go back a century or more. The gardens at The Castle are just gorgeous...Miss Sharon has really taken some time to grow the most beautiful roses. Late nights on the front porch overlooking the Mighty Mississippi are so very romantic. Really, this place is on the River. You can hear the trains running, watch the barges passing. If your a Mississippi River fan....you want to spend a weekend here. I give Sharon Mangler proprietor an A+++++ Her breakfast is to die for. I recommend the KING ROOM!!! Yes, we did have to share the bathroom, but that was not an issue, at all. There was a shower room as well. The clawfoot tub was so nice for soaking. Quaint, romantic, quite, restfull, these are all words I would discribe The Castle. LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family