“Bus Trip Stop”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #51 of 219 Restaurants in Sioux City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We had a choice of 5 or 6 items. I had the chicken. It was good. There were 6 of us at the table and one person got their food 15 minutes after everyone else. A couple of people felt their food wasn't warm enough. Basically it was fine though

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We arrived at Red Robin at 6:30 and had 12 of us there for dinner and celebrate the birthday. The greeters got us in right away and was able to seat all 12 of us together. The waitress was very pleasant and was able to handle our group very well. The sandwiches that were ordered were all very good. One of us ordered a shrimp special that's was not very good. The food was a bit slow being brought out and a sundae for the birthday girl that was ordered first was not brought out til we were all finished eating. They said they were having trouble with the machine. My wife ordered a glass of wine and after about 20 minutes the waitress dame over and told her they did not have the wine that she had ordered from the menu. She ordered another kind and about 15 minutes later it finally arrived. Good place for sandwiches but lots if excuses fir not very good service.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I made a trip to Sioux City and the Red Robin was Great food and service. We hadn't seen a Red Robin since we were in California and so we had to stop. The food was cooked perfectly for the entire family.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I was set to meet a friend for a late lunch at RR after work. I'd already arrived and just as my drink order was taken, she called to say she was unable to make it. I had a newspaper with me, so I just decided to stay.
While I felt welcomed by the host at the door, I felt as if my presence was an inconvenience to the 3 young ladies who kept congregating toward the end of the bar area, less than 10 feet from me. They often huddled together and whispered rather than checking in with me or anyone else in the vicinity. At least 3 tables needed to be cleared and remained that way throughout my time there. Eventually, one of the girls made it obvious something was bothering her as she was close to tears. This was taking place right in front of me and it felt awkward. I didn't know if I should say something or ???
I ordered a BLTA croissant and "bottomless" fries. The 10 - 12 fries were cold and because no one ever really came by to check on me within a short amount of time, I was unable to let anyone know during the main part of my meal. While the sandwich ingredients were tasty, the croissant itself was hard. I ended up bringing 3/4 of it home so I could microwave it. I did eventually get the attention of someone to see if I could get some warmer fries. My 2nd batch was fine but again, asking for them seemed like a true inconvenience and imposition.
Something was clearly going on with employees as I could see another group of about 6 workers sitting in a booth. The 3 girls who often gathered near me also joined this other larger group across the room from time to time. It seemed like some sort of staff meeting which was likely about something very important, way more important than whether or not customers might need something.
This was not my best Red Robin experience. I will mention that things in general got much better when it was time for me to pay. My server became instantly friendly and helpful as she talked me through how to join the rewards program. If she had been that way throughout my stay, I may have stuck around for another beverage.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This Red Robin had delicious burgers, plus good salad and (unlimited) fries. We asked that our burgers be cooked medium well done, and we received them cooked as requested. When our sweet tea came, however, it was only slightly sweet. We explained this to our waitress, and she nicely offered to fix the situation. She brought us more "sweet tea" that really wasn't sweet. However, it tasted freshly brewed. After the meal, we explained the problem with the second "sweet tea" and that there was no bacon on one of the burgers that was ordered with bacon. Our waitress was very nice about the situation and removed the price of the teas and the bacon from our bill. Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience with really good food.