“Another solid Hampton Inn”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This Hampton is met my expectations for good quality at a reasonable price. We stayed on Friday night September 16, 2001. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and quiet. The thermostat worked properly. The fitness room equipment was clean and functional. Breakfast was fresh with a large selection of items. Couldn't ask for more in a hotel stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (east side) are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Another great Hampton Inn, stayed here on a business trip and as always the room was immaculate and the bathroom clean.

I love Hampton's beds and comforters, I think I sleep better in their beds than I do at home!

I had a room facing the neighborhood behind the hotel which was really nice, it was nice to look out and see some nice trees and nicely maintained backyards, sure beats looking over a parking lot and it was nice that the view was next to the work desk.

My only complaint was the building had settled a little and there were some cracks that need repair in my room but I left early and never reported it. I certainly wouldn't count it as a major detriment to the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hampton Inn is typically one of the cleanest chains I stay in. However, when I tucked myself in to bed I found something sticking, like tape, to my leg under the sheets. I rolled back my covers and found someone elses used medical waste, as in used bandages, stuck to my leg; and more of it stuck to the sheets. How could this even happen?

I informed the cleaning staff but did not have time to stop are the front desk. I could have gotten a free room I suppose but customers come first.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank auklazer
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This must be a new building because it is very similiar to other new HIs I've been to that are new. Bright, airy, modern but warm, all that good stuff. They acknowledged my Hilton status, which is always appreciated. Good internet signal depending on how many users are around. Safe area, near major retail and restaurants and very accessible off of highway. Definitely would come back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stay here for 2 nights. The hotel was nice and clean. The service at the front desk was great. They recommended restaurants and gave us plenty of directions. The room was clean. The towels seemed new and fluffy. Great air conditioner. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This stay was for one night on our way back from the Black Hills. This was exactly what I thought I was getting when staying at a Hampton. The pool was nice, the room was nice and the breakfast was good. The kitchen staff at breakfast was awesome, they played with our kids and were very friendly. The front desk staff who happened to also be the manager, not so much on the friendly side. Professional, but not outgoing, I always remember traveling with kids, not everyone knows how to handle and interact with young children (3 and 4) and the manager here was one of them. It doesn't prevent us from staying here again though.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least 2 nights a month for the last year. I travel all over and this is my favorite place to stay. Staff is GREAT. Rooms are clean and comfy. Beds are so soft and great to sleep on. Never had a bad stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
7.1 km away
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills? Share your experiences!