Great Lakes Inn
US$111
US$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$111
Northland Inn Motel(Spirit Lake)
US$159
US$166
  • Pool
The Oakwood Inn(Spirit Lake)
US$199
Priceline
US$160
US$203
US$149
US$145
US$199
US$122
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2010

It was really gross. They are in no shape to be running a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank maj863339
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Hotel staff was rude. Room was very outdated, musty and damp. We question how much cleaning is done as there was dust everywhere, floor did not appear to have been vaccuumed, hair on towels and in shower. Also, every time an electrical appliance was used the lights dimmed to a brown out state. We plan to return to Spirit Lake, but will not stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank Jhokr
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed here because it was one of the least expensive hotels in the Spirit Lake/Okoboji area, but it was certainly no great bargain. The room was small, outdated, had one light fixture that didn't work, damp and had a persistent musty odor. This was probably due in part to the air conditioner - we couldn't change the temperature, and then it kept resetting itself from "cool" to "fan only." Our room was cleaned in shifts over the course of a day. On the second shift our towels were taken (despite our having followed the directions to indicate that we would re-use them), and then not replaced until the evening. The breakfast was unimpressive, service grudging. On the whole I wish we'd paid more to stay someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiinMV
Reviewed July 20, 2010

After reading other reviews, I was nervous about my stay here but it was the only place with a vacancy in the area. I stayed here three years ago in the other part of the building and was satisfied then but worried that the place was going downhill.

I stayed in a newer building in the property. The room was more current than our last room with higher ceilings, a larger room and a kitchenette area (microwave, coffee maker and frig). There are also laundry facilities on the site and an outdoor pool.

The room was clean, it could have been cleaner but it was okay. What really helped me and impressed me was I needed a very late checkout due to the fact I was running a marathon and needed a shower after the race. They let me checkout two hours late without hassle.

Overall, my experience was pleasant. The place is not posh but neither is the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank davetcmom
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This hotel use to be a great place to stay and was always very clean. It is under new owners and the property is not well kept. We have stayed here for at least the past 5 years and under the new owners, this hotel is getting poor reviews. The first thing I noticed was the inability to understand the person on the phone taking the reservations. I had booked an extra room and when I called back a few weeks later, she did not have the room down for us. The rooms smelled of smoke and they were suppose to be non-smoking rooms. We went out and bought cleaning supplies to disinfect our rooms. I cleaned the air conditioner, replaced a bulb in the bathroom so that we could see, dusted and disinfected everything, noticed that the vacuum is run up to the wall, but not cleaned right up against the wall, and were short on towels in the room (only two bath towels, hand towels and washclothes in each room). The other five parties in our group had the same issues. We were also told that we could use the family room, but learned that help stays in there and that we were putting them out so that we could all be together and play cards. The sign on the door states that the room is availble for use from 7am-1am, but at midnight we received a call asking when we would be out. The food at the breakfast was not replenished and some were only able to have toast. Upon checking out, the person just spoke to us from the back room and never came out to take our keys, thank us for staying or any of the normal nice things that are usually said from hotel owners. I am afraid that if this new owner doesn't improve on their cleaning and hospitality, that they will end up going out of business. I hope they read these reviews and make improvements for their next guests. We are currently looking for a better hotel to stay at next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends