See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2011

room smelled like mildew bathroom was a mess hair over the floor beds were like sleeping on floor hard as a rock

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank msdude752
Reviewed September 19, 2010

It was really gross. They are in no shape to be running a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank maj863339
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Hotel staff was rude. Room was very outdated, musty and damp. We question how much cleaning is done as there was dust everywhere, floor did not appear to have been vaccuumed, hair on towels and in shower. Also, every time an electrical appliance was used the lights dimmed to a brown out state. We plan to return to Spirit Lake, but will not stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank Jhokr
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed here because it was one of the least expensive hotels in the Spirit Lake/Okoboji area, but it was certainly no great bargain. The room was small, outdated, had one light fixture that didn't work, damp and had a persistent musty odor. This was probably due in part to the air conditioner - we couldn't change the temperature, and then it kept resetting itself from "cool" to "fan only." Our room was cleaned in shifts over the course of a day. On the second shift our towels were taken (despite our having followed the directions to indicate that we would re-use them), and then not replaced until the evening. The breakfast was unimpressive, service grudging. On the whole I wish we'd paid more to stay someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiinMV
Reviewed July 20, 2010

After reading other reviews, I was nervous about my stay here but it was the only place with a vacancy in the area. I stayed here three years ago in the other part of the building and was satisfied then but worried that the place was going downhill.

I stayed in a newer building in the property. The room was more current than our last room with higher ceilings, a larger room and a kitchenette area (microwave, coffee maker and frig). There are also laundry facilities on the site and an outdoor pool.

The room was clean, it could have been cleaner but it was okay. What really helped me and impressed me was I needed a very late checkout due to the fact I was running a marathon and needed a shower after the race. They let me checkout two hours late without hassle.

Overall, my experience was pleasant. The place is not posh but neither is the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo